Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • On-One 29er Carbon Forks – disk clearance? (pic)
  • ski
    Free Member

Does this look correct to you?

The disk is only just missing the fork stantion by 1mm, if that?

(PlanetX Dog hub & Avid Juicy 3 disc brake)

RealMan
    Free Member

Calliper looks stupidly close to spokes as well. when you release the QR, do the fork legs go out? (as in, are they being bent in..)

Clink

Mines always been close but never been a problem; could be with floating rotors?

ski
    Free Member

Calliper looks stupidly close to spokes as well. when you release the QR, do the fork legs go out? (as in, are they being bent in..)

realman, if I release the qr, the fork opens up by 1mm if that.

Yea the caliper has maybe 2-3mm of clearance from the spokes too.

RealMan
    Free Member

Might not be a problem, depends on the wheel and rotor flex. Unless you think you might've done something stupid which isn't obvious to us, give it a ride and see what happens.

swampi
    Free Member

both mine are the same,just how those forks are

ski
    Free Member

Thanks swampi, thought I would just check.

MrTall
    Free Member

My On One carbon forks have reasonable clearance, my Maxle Reba 29ers have enough clearance to get a single sheet of paper in and that's it!

I put it down to different manufacturers hubs, maybe your planet x are just a tiny bit wider than others so your clearance is reduced? I have friends running the same Reba as me who have plenty of space.

The rotor bolts only just miss the fork leg on my on one though.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Looking at the disc side dropout, is there a flat section on it to clear the disc, cant tell properly from the pic.

sanctimoniousasshat
    Free Member

probably an incompatible hub

uh – hang on….

cynic-al
    Free Member

Unlikely to cause a problem.

thomthumb
    Free Member

mine is similar.

yetidave
    Free Member

running the same hubs with hope brakes, and i am sure that I have similar clearance to the fork leg. Try not to bend the disk too much! RS revs btw

emac65
    Free Member

Mine's the same & in 12 months it's never caused a problem….

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Mine (running lx hub) also has the clearance of a gnats knacker and has been no trouble.

collie
    Free Member

Mine are the same, never flexed enough to cause a rub.

miketually
    Free Member

There were lots of posts about clearance when the forks were first released. Never been a problem, that I know of.

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

My 26ers are the same

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘On-One 29er Carbon Forks – disk clearance? (pic)’ is closed to new replies.