Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)
  • On my way to get the snip!
  • toppers3933
    Free Member

It’s fair to say I’m not exactly skipping and jumping all the way there. 🙁
    Seemed like a good idea until this morning.

wwaswas

It’s fair to say I’m not exactly skipping and jumping all the way there.

well you sure as hell won’t be skipping and jumping all the way home…

toppers3933
    Free Member

😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    cyclelife
    Free Member

This threads useless without pics 😉

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Try not to ‘pitch a tent’ whilst you’re there

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m not sure that’s a real worry. To be honest the boys seem to have cottoned on that something’s afoot and have retreated to somewhere near the bottom of my ribcage.

Sui
    Free Member

It will all get very clinical once your there – room full of ladies (why do they do this), they say strip, you strip walk bollock naked to the chopping table and then a bit of tugging, smell of bacon and job done..

Make sure you walk out looking like you’r in proper agony as it will wind the queue up!

loddrik
    Free Member

How much does it cost?

theotherjonv

Cut and shut or slash and burn?

Sui
    Free Member

free on NHS for first time, but it’s subbed out to Private practices.

toppers3933
    Free Member

loddrik – Member
    How much does it cost?
    POSTED 18 SECONDS AGO # REPORT-POST

My dignity apparently.

And he said it’s the least invasive of the procedures he’s doing.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

theotherjonv

Don’t worry, by the time you’re done you’ll be feeling quite ‘invaded’

NZCol

How do you organise one – Its on my list and i should really get it sorted out – go to GP and ask ? Might check my private health insurance as well.
    EDIT: As you can see I am being really proactive about it !

Sui
    Free Member

get appointment with GP – tell them it’s about getting Snip done. You go to GP, they say are you sure, you say yes, they say really, you say yes, they say absolutely sure, you say yes.. They write a referral letter to a private practice, you get letter in post, go in, get jobbed, go home. All on the NHS. Be mindlful the waiting list can be upto 6 months in some areas!!

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Where does it go after the pipes been blocked off?

fasthaggis

Be sure to do some old jokes with the nurses about the two house brick method ,comedy gold 😉

Houns

What Sui said

I did actually skip out of mine, felt fine after. During however the anaesthetic did wear off, but that just felt like someone had flicked my plums.

Really is a piece of piss

Sui
    Free Member

Once the pipes have been cauterised, the little swimmers build up for a while in the nuts, so you get the feeling of being “full”, but after a while the body producers antibodies that start to kill of the the little swimmers, which why reversals don’t always work!

toppers3933
    Free Member

I went to see my gp who referred me to somewhere else. Had a consultation and now here for the job. It’s taken about 3 weeks.

stever
    Free Member

I enjoyed it so much I had it done twice. Mind you, I come from a family of strong swimmers.

rickmeister

The Nurse will see you now …

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Enjoy the experience 😕 I had 5 people in the room only the surgeon was male boy those nurses could chat; see if you can guess what questions they have rehearsed and call them out it made the time much more interesting for me! The worst thing is the growing back of the hairs, not itchy like you get with your beard, more like stabby pins in your pants.

Had mine done in Feb, word of caution, it still aches a bit on the left one from time to time, if it continues I’ll be going back. Cut and Shut FWIW.

mrchrispy

I’m not ashamed to admit I had mine done under a general. dont know why, it was offered and I said yes. glad i did as im a total wimp

not uncommon for the build up to produce lumps down there.
    scared the crap out of me but the nice little man doctor that cupped my plums told me not to worry made me feel better.

mrchrispy

the still aches thing has always been my worry.
    i get it every now and then but i’d go into ‘falling down’ mode if it was chronic

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Oh and poor timing btw!! – I got mine scheduled over winter so as to not miss out on mint trail conditions, back on the road bike after 2 weeks proper trails after 3½ weeks. Good luck!

darrell
    Free Member

the after effects were like being kicked in the nuts by the Hulk

🙁

chewkw
    Free Member

twinw4ll – Member

Where does it go after the pipes been blocked off?

The swimmers turn into fat? Ya? Like my cats & dogs when they got castrated they put on weight.

Anyhoo, why do people get a snip? Genuine question btw.

🙂

cakefacesmallblock

This needs a “Picolax” approach. 🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Genuine question btw.

I think the idea of firing blanks is to stop babies Chewwy. Although I’m not entirely sure, maybe it’s got something to do with taste, less salty perhaps.

toppers3933
    Free Member

My wife had been on various contraceptives all of which seemed to produce unwanted side effects so I did this so she didn’t have to take them anymore.
    It was fine by the way. The anesthetic is wearing off now though.

Stevet1
    Free Member

Like my cats & dogs when they got castrated they put on weight.

You do realise that castration removes the source of the swimmers right? And by doing so it also lowers testosterone levels which is why your cat and dogs got fat.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Will Toppers be spending more time curled up in front of the fire?

teesoo

I had mine done a few years ago (slash and burn). Took all of 27 minutes.

Worst bit for me was 8 weeks later when I had to go to the pathology lab at the hospital with a freshly-prepared sample to make sure that there were no swimmers present. That was a bit humiliating having to hand a small sample vial to a young lady who gave me a ‘I know what you’ve just been doing’ look.

No side effects for me (other than small loss of dignity).

toppers3933
    Free Member

I bloody hope so. 😀

matt_outandabout

Save yourself some time:

brassneck

[Quote]Worst bit for me was 8 weeks later when I had to go to the pathology lab at the hospital with a freshly-prepared sample to make sure that there were no swimmers present. That was a bit humiliating having to hand a small sample vial to a young lady who gave me a ‘I know what you’ve just been doing’ look.[/quote]

Why would it have to be fresh? They are checking for an absence of swimmers not looking for Olympic potential.

I’m waiting on the ‘Jaffa Stamp’ letter having handed in to discrete samples two weeks apart, 3 months post op, as per instructions. 4 weeks later and no letter so I’m suspecting I’ll have to go back in for a little more humiliation yet.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Testosterone is not produced by the same glands that produce the swimmers..
    from the NY Times

(don’t)confuse sterility and impotence. A vasectomy can actually improve a man’s sex life. In fact, in the early 1900s, a German scientist popularized vasectomies as a rejuvenation operation for old men. It turns out that there is a tiny increase in testosterone level after a vasectomy. It’s not enough to rejuvenate your sex life.

Source

prezet
    Free Member

It’s a weird thing – someone takes a soldering iron to your man bits, offers you a cup of tea and then you say thank you.

On the plus side, it’s doctors orders that you’ll have to knock 50 out in the next few months. I just told the wife that was her side of the deal she had to fulfil. She didn’t seem too impressed.

ninfan
    Free Member

It’s just like going to the dentist

After they’ve finished they tell you what a brave boy you were and give you a sticker

(Edit, bugger, didn’t see Brassnecks use of the magic word till after)

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘On my way to get the snip!’ is closed to new replies.