Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Olympic Security Measures – Really?
  • SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-17029318

As part of the 2012 Olympics anti-terrorism measures they are banning cars and taxis from driving into Edinburgh Waverley station.

Sledgehammer:Nut.

kimbers

couldnt they just hire a load of glaswegian builders to defend all the olympic sites

it worked when those guys tried to blow up glasgow airport

binners

Even in the hysterical world of the Media, that’s the most spurious link yet. That has as much to do with the Olympics as it does with lunar cycles 🙄

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

couldnt they just hire a load of glaswegian builders to defend all the olympic sites

Glaswegian Baggage Handlers.

hora
    Free Member

Whenever I see a BBC article I cross-reference it with a few other news organisations.

binners

Why? Why not banish the BBC from your life, thus saving hours of cross-referencing a day.

Then Murdoch can spoon-feed you your ready-packaged opinions without distraction

sas
    Free Member

Network Rail, which runs Waverley, said it was the last major station to still allow cars underneath the station roof.

Doesn’t Birmingham New Street allow people to park under the station canopy, with a couple of token cycle stands shoved in somewhere?

wallace1492
    Free Member

Not being banned till July, gives the bad boys plenty of time to hatch some plans!

But seriously, makes as much sense as a chocolate teapot. Or near me, the “Security Fence” that sort of, is part round Milngavie Water Works, total waste of money and time.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

it worked when those guys tried to blow up glasgow airport

Yes, but they were Scottish, the Scot’s have a long history of innefective freedom fighting/terrorism, real terrorists might do stuff like planning.

hora
    Free Member

Then Murdoch can spoon-feed you your ready-packaged opinions without distraction

The ironic thing is its been proven that his Journo’s are actually reporting facts. Or at least doing their very best to find factual information.

The BBC is a Labour/Guardianista mouth piece.

binners

Whats it like being you?

qwerty
    Free Member

How dat work den cos dem Olympics iz in dat lunden not Edinburgh ???

whatnobeer
    Free Member

The BBC is a Labour/Guardianista mouth piece.

Seriously? 😯

crikey
    Free Member

The ironic thing is its been proven that his Journo’s are actually reporting facts. Or at least doing their very best to find factual information.

…by listening to other peoples messages on their telephones.

I’m with binners; what is it like on Planet hora?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

murdoch’s journalists reporting facts… haa ha ha ha ha. that has to be one of the funniest things i’ve read on here….
    he owns fox doesn’t he?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Security Measures – Really?’ is closed to new replies.