Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Olive's???
  • Gee76
    Free Member

Just a quickie…

I need to shorten a few Shimano and Formula Brake hoses in the coming weeks and a bit miffed at the price of olives. (tight as I am).

They’re pennies for plumbing applications (and you get more metal :o/) but can be as much as £2.50 for mtbs (presumably due to low volumes of man’f).

Standard stepped and barrel 5mm fittings seem a bit short – maybe 4-5mm and I see Avid olives can be had 99p each or £10 a bag ish from Amazon (which should also be ok) but wondered if the STW bargain hunters had done better..

Has anyone come across bags of 10 or so for a reasonable price?.

brooess
    Free Member

What it is that belongs to Olive that you’re asking about?

🙂

climbingkev
    Free Member

You’re not alone 😀

retro83
    Free Member

ThePinkster

I spent ages trying to find cheap olives too and ended up buying a bag of 10 Avid ones for about a tenner IIRC.

Can’t believe how difficult it is to find them for sale cheaply and without the barbs as well. I’m a skinflint and reuse the barbs by cutting them out of the hose.

Gee76
    Free Member

Hmmm glad it’s not just me then. Yes, haha I usually hack out the old barb too.

I think maybe 99p for the avid olives’ (thanks grammer police) might be the best I can do. Although superstar seem to offer 4 olives’ & barbs’ for £4.99 which isn’t too bad…. If you need barbs’ too.

Googling about I’m sure I saw on another forum someone with a bag of 100 though by a company called connect maybe!

Superficial
    Free Member

<Insert’ Fry’ squinting’ meme’>

papamountain
    Free Member

Drac

What it is that belongs to Olive that you’re asking about?

Yoda is that you?

scaredypants

these are not the olive’s your looking for

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Olive's???’ is closed to new replies.