Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Old skool MTB event in Northumberland
  • boxelder

Anyone doing The Breamish Behemoth in Oct? – looks like some good old fashioned rough stuff.

m360
    Free Member

I might do that actually. October in the Cheviots though… 😯

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Helped as a sweeper rider at the Clennell Colossus the other month, I’ll be doing the same thing again. Barry who organised it did an absolutely brilliant job. Cracking combination of legal rights of way and “other” tracks due to having a really good knowledge of the area.

boxelder

October in the Cheviots though.

Not a fair weather softie are you?

m360
    Free Member

Not a fair weather softie are you?

Not at all, just know it’s gonna be bleak and nothing like the promo video suggests 😉

boxelder

Looks ace

paul4stones

That does look a really good route actually. Is it open to monster crossers?

senorj

That looks smart.
    Bookmarked.

rob2
    Free Member

Boo. Not fair. Reminds me of being in sixth form in 1989 and going up clennell street on a Raleigh mirage!

jimw
    Free Member

What a great route. Having walked most of it (not in one day though) there are some seriously steep climbs in there.
    Such a shame I’m otherwise engaged that day taking my dad out for his birthday treat 200 miles south of that( or is it a relief?)

boxelder

Says any bike you like.

rob2
    Free Member

Think me and my old school friends are going to give it a go in half term. Which way round do you go? Clockwise or anti clockwise?

simonside
    Free Member

Which way round do you go? Clockwise or anti clockwise?

Personally I`d ride it clockwise, but either way they are doing some bits back to front 😉

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Reckon I did most of it from an MBR route 10 odd years ago, there was a point out the back where me and my mate decided just to go sensible as it sets in how far out you actually are 🙂

boxelder

Forecast to be dry right through to event day.
    Fingers crossed.

postierich
    Free Member

Was going to do it then realised it clashes with the Dales 200 event a bike packing event!!
    http://riderscyclecentre.com/?page_id=2858

thenorthwind

Would love to do this but going to Kielder with my gf as she’s doing the half marathon. At least I’ll get some biking in. Will keep an eye out the other High Fell events next year… and maybe the Dales 200!

FOG

What’s the Salters road like these days? I did it a few years ago and the descent through the woods to Davidson Linn was like the Somme – totally unrideable due to vehicles digging out giant ruts. The rest across to Bleakhope was very wet and difficult to follow. It was a great remote ride though!

cinnamon_girl

What’s the Salters road like these days? I did it a few years ago and the descent through the woods to Davidson Linn was like the Somme – totally unrideable due to vehicles digging out giant ruts. The rest across to Bleakhope was very wet and difficult to follow. It was a great remote ride though!

Years ago I rode that on my own and, yes, it did resemble the Somme! There was a bridge that was blocked off, I somehow used it. 🙂 Love it up there. 8)

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Old skool MTB event in Northumberland’ is closed to new replies.