Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old Fox Talas RL compressing
  • surfer
    Free Member

When I am just sitting on the bike. If I dismount they extend as normal and feel OK. As soon as I start to ride they fully compress and stay there.
    Cant see any leaks and the air pressure is fine and the pressure holds OK.

Anybody have experience of this?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Does it do it on all Tala settings (90 / 110 / 130)?

stumpyjon

Are they reducing travel or compressing as they would under use. I had a pair that decide to go to the lowest travel setting by themselves on steep descents, would start at the top with 140mm, be at 100mm by the bottom. TFtuned sorted mine.

br
    Free Member

When were they last serviced?

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the posts:

They are the old model so no Tala adjustments only rebound, lockout and various travel adjustment. I normally leave them on the lowest setting for around 90mm of travel but adjustments have no affect.

They compress and stay there after about 30 seconds of riding on smooth ground.

They were serviced over 12 months ago but not used a huge amount (I run a lot and cycle only a bit!) and they had a new Talas unit during that service. They feel very plush and smooth (they did!)

Thanks again

bigyinn
    Free Member

Sounds to me like the Talas timing needs resetting. I think it can be bodged with a football needle adapter. But you may need to get them looked at by a qualified bod. May I suggest Loco Tuning? Simon is pretty good with this sort of stuff.

surfer
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies. The problem seems to have corrected itself.

I let the air out after a good clean. Pumped them to the pressure I wanted and hung the bike up.

I changed the bars and was going to change the forks to a spare pair I had but after a 5 minute ride they weren’t displaying the same symptoms. I took a chance and left them on.

I did a 3 hr ride on Saturday morning and they behaved as normal! Strange!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Old Fox Talas RL compressing’ is closed to new replies.