• This topic has 41 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by DanW.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Oh, Tredz…
  • Jamie
    Free Member

Don’t ever change 😐

We are sorry to say that there has been a small delay with your order.

We are expecting your items from our suppliers in the next couple of days and hope to despatch to you as soon as possible.

This should arrive with you next week.

We hope this is OK. Again, we’re sorry for any inconvenience this might cause.

With best regards,
    Tredz Team

u02sgb
    Free Member

They seem to realise things aren’t available from their suppliers when you order as well…

bikeneil
    Free Member

Don’t ever change 

Well why order from them?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Jamie
    Free Member

Well why order from them?

I thought, given it’s been a year since I used them last, they had changed 😥

sandwicheater

I’ve ordered a few times and each time get the ‘out of stock’ email only to have the item turn up after a couple of days.

I don’t think i’d order anything from them that i needed in a hurry.

spawnofyorkshire

I’m glad this thread popped up. I was just about to order a load of stuff and it reminded me that i’ve never had a good experience buying from them yet

tomhoward

Fool me once, shame on you.
    Fool me twice, shame on me.

hooli

I had the same last week, from speaking to them it seems the “in stock” status on their website does not mean in stock, it just means they can get is on a fast turnaround from their supplier – IF the supplier have stock.

I cancelled my order and wont be ordering from them again

Jamie
    Free Member

To be fair to them, they did reply to my order cancellation request very promptly.

I’d like to buy the rights to that pithy statement.

You take PPGift?

tomhoward

Certainly. Now you’ve had an incling, how about I send you even more for a small fee?

idave@trainingplansndiets.com

Say £100?

scotroutes

They are by no means alone in doing this.

FWIW, there’s an issue with google shopping in that they won’t list stuff that’s not in stock. Claiming you have it (even although you don’t) is a way around this.

hooli

They are by no means alone in doing this.
    FWIW, there’s an issue with google shopping in that they won’t list stuff that’s not in stock. Claiming you have it (even although you don’t) is a way around this

Fair enough, I still think it is dishonest.

scotroutes

Fair enough, I still think it is dishonest.
    [/quote]I agree

boblo
    Free Member

Think I prefer George Bush’s version….

rondo101
    Free Member

I had the same last week, from speaking to them it seems the “in stock” status on their website does not mean in stock, it just means they can get is on a fast turnaround from their supplier – IF the supplier have stock.

That’s the case for lots of online bike shops though isn’t it? I know for a fact that Hope have run out of 650b Flow Ex rims & can’t provide any pre-built “Hoops” until the beginning of next month at the earliest. Yet searching online shows plenty of places alleging to have them “in stock”. A phone call to each place I’ve found has shown that they certainly aren’t.

Alex

I ordered a set of Zee brakes in February. First one arrived four days later, second one had a provisional dispatch date of May 30th 😉 I’ve bought quite a lot of stuff from Tredz – it either turns up quickly or gets cancelled.

Moonglu
    Free Member

rondo101, they’re not pre-built “Hoops” but we do have Flow Ex 650b rims in stock ready to make them into “Hoops” with a full choice of hub colours.

http://www.moonglu.com/products/handbuilt-hope-pro-2-evo-wheels

RicB

What frustrated me is the fact they took my money straight away knowing stuff wasn’t in stock, and gave completely unachievable delivery times on eBay. Which I think is against eBay ToS…

devash
    Free Member

I gave up on them after the first order when a warranty issue on a rear hub took over 3 months to resolve.

phiiiiil

I got a new Monarch RC3 shock last year; I was on my fourth shop who took the money before I found somewhere who would actually sell me one…

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Erm Jamie… I thought you didn’t have a bike?

otherwise

Jamie – Freeloader! But we still like him

Jamie
    Free Member

Erm Jamie… I thought you didn’t have a bike?

I didn’t yesterday. Luckily, one turned up today, so I can rub yer face in your inaccurate comment. Ha!

😛

Tracey

Only used them once. Never again

Houns

You know when you do a search of the forum to find a thread to show the OP up Jamie?

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/the-cruelist-of-emails

😛

Jamie
    Free Member

Not sure how that shows me up.

…unless you mean shows me up to be awesome?

In which case, I agree.

rondo101
    Free Member

rondo101, they’re not pre-built “Hoops” but we do have Flow Ex 650b rims in stock ready to make them into “Hoops” with a full choice of hub colours.

Alpine trip saver! Ordered.

Jamie
    Free Member

When will I learn 🙁

Ordered some Spesh gloves Monday morning.

Phone call Today to say they haven’t got the 2014 Spesh Elements I was after, would I like to swap them for the 2015 versions.

Same price, so what the hey….only issue is they don’t have the 2015 versions either, and they will have to get them from Spesh at the end of the week. Also, the other gloves in my order are not available from them either, and will have to come from supplier.

Grrr!

Stoner
    Free Member

you div.

scandal42
    Free Member

Fool me a third time……..

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is this where Wenger buys his defenders?

#GLasshouses

bigperm
    Free Member

Ordered some shorts early last week I called On Monday to find out where they were as del was taking ages. Was told the order had reached them but not been processed promised shorts would be sent out 1st class yesterday. Phone call this morning the shorts are out of stock and been discontinued have been offered a substitute will see what happens next fingers crossed they turn up.!!

medoramas
    Free Member

Is Treadz the same thing as Wheelies? Their websites look identical…

jairaj

Didn’t realise Tredz had a bad rep. I ordered something on Thursday and it turned up fine on Monday. I should have bought a lottery ticket at the same time!

toby1

… and there you are on the LBS dilemma thread advocating buying the bike online. Not only have you not learnt, but you are encouraging others to follow your path 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Which ones are you after, Jamie? My LBS has a healthy stock of pretty much all of the ’15 Elements available. 😉

Jamie
    Free Member

you div.

Yup.

but you are encouraging others to follow your path

If I’m going down, then I’m taking you lot with me.

Is Treadz the same thing as Wheelies? Their websites look identical…

Yes.

Which ones are you after, Jamie? My LBS has a healthy stock of pretty much all of the ’15 Elements available.

If my LBS had any in stock, I would have bought from them.

Fool me a third time……..

I’m going for the record.

Didn’t realise Tredz had a bad rep.

Not so much a bad rep, just a bit annoying. Anyone, order cancelled and new order placed with Evans.

So back here Friday for another moan? 😀

stevied
    Free Member

I’m going for the record.

eskay

Had the same. Ordered some raceblades yesterday lunchtime, had a call last night to say they could not supply them. offered me an alternative which I declined.

I then placed an order on Wheelies…….bugger!!!

medoramas
    Free Member

I bought a bike with Wheelies last year. It was a first half of October. All “in stock”, order placed with no errors, estimated delivery “2-5” working days. After a week I rang them up to see where is my bike…

“They are not in stock yet. We should have them in at the beginning of December”

Now, where is that Sylvester Stalone’s facepalm?

Jamie
    Free Member

It wouldn’t be so bad if Tredz just did what Leisurelakes does, then the customer could make an informed decision.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Oh, Tredz…’ is closed to new replies.