Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Oh no, not another DX light thread….SKU 82508 – the £30 quid one.
  • benz
    Free Member

Mate asked me to pick up his mail and test for him – he’s on hols.

First impression is that battery in particular will need sticking in a plastic bag and possibly reflector better if it was orange peel rather than smooth, but it throws a fair way.

However, for those others who have these, is the switch only ever red – guess no inbuilt battery level indicator.

It’s this one

http://www.dealextreme.com/p/t6-assault-crown-waterproof-xml-t6-3-mode-1200-lumen-white-led-bike-light-with-battery-pack-set-82508

BadlyWiredDog

No, the light on mine’s green, goes red when the battery’s low I think. Fwiw, mine had an intermittent wiring fault on the cable from the light unit, chopped it off and replaced with half an old Lumicycle extension cable – the wire’s pretty damn thin in there. Also opened the head unit up and reassembled with some heat transfer paste on the relevant bits – none in there – and plugged the hole where the wire goes in with silicone sealant, as it comes, it’s just a hole and not very weather resistant.

Blah…

swampi
    Free Member

the LED on mine seems to stay red,glad its not just me,as i thought it was meant to be green etc when charged but someone else mentioned that there one is only ever red

benz
    Free Member

Mmmm…..battery charger seems to work….initially red led on it then after a few hours turns green.

However, the red led behind the light unit just stays red – must admit just thought the reason these were relatively cheap was because they don’t have the same features as some of the more expensive offerings to get to the price level.

However, guess it also depends upon what which supplier to DX had lying around at the time.

warpcow
    Free Member

My light stays red too. I haven’t been out enough to test the runtime though. I also thought the connection between battery and light was a bit loose at first, but a bit of force gives a positive click and good tight connection. Other than that it’s working fine for me as a helmet light, with a flood on the bars.

allthepies
    Free Member

Yup, illuminated switch stays red on mine also.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Oh no, not another DX light thread….SKU 82508 – the £30 quid one.’ is closed to new replies.