Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)
  • Oh God – go on then – lets see some Singular swifts :oD
  • bunnerscj
    Free Member

Next project.
    Lets see some pics of builds for ideas etc, pref SS.
    Thanks

…..waiting
    …..waiting

🙄

clubber
    Free Member

Not SS 😉

rOcKeTdOg

SS with manitous

before by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

SS rigid

365/143 23/5/10 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

SS Mav SC32

365/179 28/6/10 by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

1 x 9

damp by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

3 x 9

hanging around by rOcKeTdOgUk, on Flickr

had enough yet?

jfeb
    Free Member

A Gryphon rather than a Swift, but as no one ever says “lets see photos of a Singular Gryphon”…

Shackleton

Appologies for the state of my garden, front brake hose and steerer tube.

RocketDog – what length are those minutes? What do you think of them?

rOcKeTdOg

120mm…..and i now have Mav SC32 and the minutes are in the garage, great forks, really light but need a frame designed for the longer travel really, 80 or 100mm minutes would work a treat though

Shackleton

Thought they looked a bit long! Can’t you drop them internally to 100mm?

rOcKeTdOg

not sure,any ideas? usually reducing the travel doesn’t reduce the axel-crown length, just how far the forks compress, which wouldn’t solve the length issues

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Hmm lovin’ this thread, a rigid Alfine Swift is the +1 in the standard n+1 equation for how many bikes do I need

ton

big bike
    big bloke
    big ben (nevis)

clubber
    Free Member

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    not sure,any ideas? usually reducing the travel doesn’t reduce the axel-crown length, just how far the forks compress, which wouldn’t solve the length issues

Yes it does! I can’t think of a fork that shortens travel without reducing the a-c length (though no doubt there is one!) You can reduce the travel on just about any air fork simply by increasing the length of the top out bumper even on forks that aren’t designed to be travel adjustable.

Shackleton

Rocket Dog – When I drop travel on my old vanillas (add a spacer) from 130 to 100 the a-c gets 30mm shorter and when I raised the Wife’s Rebas (remove a spacer) from 100 to 120 the a-c got 20mm bigger. I assume manitou work the same?

EDIT: A quick trawl of the interweb indicates that it isn’t a trivial task. Not entirely sure why, but something to do with them not having the length of stroke determined solely by spacers.

bullheart
    Free Member

big bike
    big bloke
    big ben (nevis)

Yet not as big as I’d assumed…

psychle
    Free Member

That bike is probably a 22″ frame or something… you need to see a pic of Ton in a group of IT XC whippets and then you’ll see differently!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

TT not long enough clubber?

clubber
    Free Member

? eh?

clubber
    Free Member

oh, seatpost/saddle position, you mean?

25″ TT is fine – I’ve just always liked the saddle a fair way back behind the BB

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Ah fair enough, that’s how I like it but yours does look quite extreme, your forks look like Reba, what happened to the Suntour?

clubber
    Free Member

Found a well priced reba on the classifieds. Sold the Epicon. TBH the Reba isn’t really any better though. It does look nice in white though 🙂

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Fair bit lighter surely?

clubber
    Free Member

Don’t think so – the Epicon wasn’t heavy.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

the Epicon wasn’t heavy.

1850g 😐 😉

clubber
    Free Member

29er Rebas are 1.7/1.8kg ish IIRC

and IIRC the Epicon is quoted with the 15mm axle included

yossarian
    Free Member

singular plus alfine

Big-Dave
    Free Member

Currently in bits in the garage but it is now set up with a 1×9 drivetrain, different saddle (the Brooks was just getting trashed) and Mary bars. Needs some better brakes as well.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

That’s up to 150g difference godammit, every gram counts for those vital seconds etc. 😉

Given the extra weight of the frame, forks and wheels I’m surprised 29ers have taken off with the (albeit mainly USA) pros.

I must try one out one day.

clubber
    Free Member

If you want to borrow mine, you’re welcome – just let me know.

The lightest 29ers now seem to be getting pretty damn light – supposedly they’re being built with lighter components than you can get away with on a 26″ bike because they roll over stuff better and hence stress the components less though I’ll admit to being sceptical on that to some extent since that was always touted on FS and reality was just that you went fast over stuff so needed the same strength.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Thanks, will do.

You should ride it at the HONC, be a good choice of bike for the course.

clubber
    Free Member

But not as good as my CX bike 🙂 (probably – there are some conditions that I’d consider riding it with the CX tyres fitted).

timc
    Free Member

Clubber, Whats with your Seat layback?

rootes1
    drofluf
    Free Member
    Mike_D
    Free Member

usually reducing the travel doesn’t reduce the axel-crown length

Are you on crack? 🙂

clubber
    Free Member

timc – Member
    Clubber, Whats with your Seat layback?

clubber – Member

25″ TT is fine – I’ve just always liked the saddle a fair way back behind the BB

ssboggy

Here’s mine, need to take some better pics but not had it long. Loving it though

epicyclo

jfeb – Member
    A Gryphon rather than a Swift, but as no one ever says “lets see photos of a Singular Gryphon”…

Well I like it 🙂

timc
    Free Member

clubber – Member

Have you some kind of Gibbon arms or hobbit legs?

clubber
    Free Member

Technically if you’re talking about some sort of KOPs position then longer femurs will require a saddle further back. And it’s a long back I have, rather than particularly long arms.

timc
    Free Member

freak 😉

clubber
    Free Member

possibly so..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 59 total)

The topic ‘Oh God – go on then – lets see some Singular swifts :oD’ is closed to new replies.