Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Oh god! Can't believe I'm asking but tell me about….Caravans..
  • mikertroid
    Free Member

A mate bought a motor home the same time we bought our shed caravan.

Every time they go anywhere from the campsite to the beach for instance, they have to put everything away to avoid carnage down the back, we could leave it all in situ.

Plus his outlay was monumental, our far less so.

I was, however, bloody glad to say goodbye to ours!

Tiger6791

Will stick with a tent then.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Tiger6791 – Member
    Will stick with a tent then.
    POSTED 25 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

A caravan is much more fun, ignore the naysayers.

dasnut
    Free Member

all that crap about having to pack everything away when you go out for a day in a camper is cobblers. Get a driveaway awning.
    Oh thats not secure you say, yeah like a caravan with plastic windows is secure.
    Motorhome is the way to go, and people don’t hate you as much on the road, as we all hate the chicken shed towing volvos eh?

andytherocketeer

The ‘rents used to have folding camper, but have now traded that (and the car) in for motorhome type thing (Fiat Ducato based iirc).

Judging from the blog of their travels, they now tend to park up, and get the bus in to the nearby town (free in UK with bus pass, and not very much cost in most of Europe), or walk. And apparently it’s not all that much faff to make everything secure for driving, and for them, probably easier to drive on the autobahn than towing when in a RHD vehicle.

Personally, I’ll stick with a tent. Was quite pleasant camping in 2 force 11 gales, and snow 🙂

Mike_D
    Free Member

Motorhomes you need to shut the whole bloody thing down, batten down the hatches before you can drive it anywhere. Only really practical if you’ve driven or towed a car along with you on holiday as well.

Apparently there are these things called “bicycles” that you can hang on the back that are quite handy for popping out places 😉

tobyho
    Free Member
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Oh god! Can't believe I'm asking but tell me about….Caravans..’ is closed to new replies.