Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Oh c***. Help with x fusion slide.
  • jakebyram
    Free Member

Recently bought some secondhand x fusion slides for my parkwood. When they arrived they were making a horrible top out clunk and I eventually figured out they had been travel adjusted so they were over extended. Well this morning I set out to fix it by changing the travel and lowerring them by 20mm. All was going well and I put the fork back together with the correct oil weight and volume etc. I broke out the torque wrench and went to tighten down the damper side foot nut and the thread straight up snapped. I don’t know who’s idea it was to make them out of cheese but they are softer than a very soft thing. Anyway I’m reaching out to you people. Anyone have any solutions or at least know where I can buy a replacement damper. I have looked on upgrade bikes and they don’t list any for sale.

BadlyWiredDog

I’d drop Upgrade a line. My experience is that they can supply spares not listed on the site and are nice people to boot. What did you actually break btw? I’m guessing the thread on the outside of the damper shaft in which case you might be able to cut a new one or just fit a new shaft rather than the complete damper?

matt_outandabout

Anyway I’m reaching out to you people.

Keep your stray hands to yourself please.

oldnpastit

Pictures?

(I had a similar experience over-tightening the air side).

Worst case, some secondhand slides are probably not that expensive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Oh c***. Help with x fusion slide.’ is closed to new replies.