Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • offline maps & navigation – Majorca, is it possible?
  • offpiste
    Free Member

As title, found some Android apps but do any have a map of Majorca to download?

surfer
    Free Member

maps.me

Danny79
    Free Member

Here Maps on windows phone are excellent assume they’re equally as good on android.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.here.app.maps

edit so good in fact that Audi, Daimler and BMW are buying them from Nokia http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/08/03/nokia_sells_here_maps_to_audi_daimler_and_bmw_for_28_billion/

2nd edit ignore if you mean off-road navigation

tomd
    Free Member

you can download maps for Mallorca on viewranger, they were cheap. Sort of OS 1:50000 style but no where near as good. For offroad riding nothing came close to the paper Alpine maps. The viewranger maps were a good backup though.

offpiste
    Free Member

Thanks for all suggestions, need for driving not mtb to clarify.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

need for driving not mtb to clarify.

I used navmii Spain on my iphone, its a free app but I don’t know if its available in android.

If I’m hiring a car now though I just get one with satnav as its much much better than using a phone.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

stumpy01

What phone network are you on? If you are on Three, you should be able to use your inclusive data for no extra charge in Mallorca, so if you have a decent data allowance you can just crack on with something like Google Maps. That’s what I did on a recent holiday in Tenerife.

EDIT – Link here:
    http://www.three.co.uk/Support/Roaming_and_international/Mobile_Roaming?content_aid=1214306371189

pebblebeach
    Free Member

The app I used doesn’t use data, GPRS only. However I am on 3 but Spain has just been added into the countries where the monthly allowance can be used.

badnewz
    Free Member

Isn’t most of Majorca private land? I looked into mtbing there a few years back but decided against it incase I ended up being chased across the island by Michael Douglas with a shortgun ala Falling Down.

stumpy01

badnewz – Member

Isn’t most of Majorca private land? I looked into mtbing there a few years back but decided against it incase I ended up being chased across the island by Michael Douglas with a shortgun ala Falling Down.

I think he should be OK:

offpiste – Member

Thanks for all suggestions, need for driving not mtb to clarify.

Dolcered

I recently used navmii for an extended rodatrip. uk though, available on android too.

noahhowes
    Free Member

I bit the bullet and got TomTom Western Europe. It’s taken me round Majorca, France, Belgium and Italy over the last 5 years with no bother. It also knows the speed cameras!

offpiste
    Free Member

I’m on EE which charges for EU data I think

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

You can download Spain maps into navmii

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘offline maps & navigation – Majorca, is it possible?’ is closed to new replies.