Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • off topic but anyone know anything about dishwashers . . .
  • adjustablewench
    Free Member

I have a seimens hydrosensor dishwasher (but I guess they are all much the same). It seems to have developed a problem with it’s pump.

It started taking ages to go through a cycle and not draining properly – soggy pots and the last time I used it there was a puddle in the bottom and it was making a humming noise.

So I have assumed the pump is jammed/motor not turning and have set about trying to sort it.

I have taken all the filters and stuff out of the bottom, removed the cover and the blades on the pump in the sump dont appear to be restricted in any way.

I tried it again on a cycle with nothing in it and it seemed to complete it. However there doesn’t seem to be much water going in or out just the stuff that’s in it being sloshed about.

I am not familiar with how they work – but have managed to take of the left side panel, and have found one of the switches that triggers the pump. When I mive the rod attached to this (with the door open) the pump hums but takes a push to actually spin – will this be due to the brushes in the pump motor wearing out? Or could it be something else?

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, either the pump is goosed or the drain tube has been shoved too far down that upright piece of plumbing pipe and the end blocked, which is a very common mistake.

If you happen to be in the NW we have a lovely Miele dishasher in almost new condition sitting in our garage; it became redundant when we got our new kitchen fitted with integrated dishwasher. Yours for £90.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Ooh when you say drain tube shoved in to plumbing pipe – I take it you mean where the hose joins the household waste water pipe? I already disconnected all the waste pipes and made sure they were draining but it really does just appear that nothing much is coming out of the drain pump.

Thanks for the offer – but im in sheffield. Will investigate getting this one fixed as it matches everything else in the kitchen 🙂

Sandwich

When our old Bosch was doing this it was down to an internal design fault. There was a restriction in the drain piping inside the machine which would clog with food and detergent deposits. A quick disassembly and some quality (!) time with some sludge would see it right for the next few months.
    Have a look on espares or similar for video instructions on getting into the machine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘off topic but anyone know anything about dishwashers . . .’ is closed to new replies.