Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off to Lee quarry int morning
  • robidoo
    Free Member

First time visit to Lee quarry I have this postcode OL130BB but where is best to park?

Can I ride to Cragg quarry from there or is it best to drive to it?

Any one else about tomorrow that could show me around?

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

It's possible and if you're going to do them both I'd do Cragg first and spend more time at Lee Quarry. Cragg is smaller but definitely worth atleast two or three laps.

When I cycled from Cragg to Lee, I crossed a boggy field which is slightly down hill to Lee Quarry, that was a **** joy to ride! That is the most direct route, and I think the location of the link trail between Lee and Cragg. I'm sure is an easier longer route.

You have the correct post code for Lee, if you fancy parking at Cragg use BB4 7DR. That's the post code for The Buck Inn. Landlord is a keen biker and doesn't mind people using his car park.

Enjoy!

pastcaring
    Free Member

i'm visiting a friend in manchester the weekend, i thought i'd check out lee quarry.
    is everything easy to find or way marked? how busy does it get on a saturday?

robidoo
    Free Member

Thanks for the info Chuck.

simonclimb
    Free Member

How do you get to Cragg Quarry from the Buck Inn parking??

Are there any maps to these trails online??

Cheers

Simon

Andituk
    Free Member

The pennine bridleway is signposted to the right of the buck, just follow that up, it runs through the middle of cragg. Can't miss it.

wors

Or you can follow the lane past the buck to the end upto the farm, left over the gate and follow the pennine bridleway round to cragg that way

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

How do you get to Cragg Quarry from the Buck Inn parking??

Andituk's version is the most direct but its a brutal climb/interesting challenge (delete as appropriate).

Wors's version works for me.

robidoo
    Free Member

Did a couple of laps of Lee quarry and it was great quite alot there too,
    was quite hard going on me singlespeed jump bike(will have to get my arse in gear and build the Soul back up).
    Big thanks to the guy on the Ellsworth for pointing out the way to Cragg.

Only did one lap of Cragg as time was getting on but that was good too, are there any plans for more trails in Cragg as there looked like loads of potential?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off to Lee quarry int morning’ is closed to new replies.