Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Off to Coed y Brenin this weekend
  • Lakes_Puma

Probably going to ride the Beast one day and ride up Snowdon the other.

Good choices?

anything else I must ride while I’m there?

Recommendations/Comments?

martinhutch

Check the snow conditions and temperatures before slogging up Snowdon. Should be OK, but it’s currently -2 on the summit with a bit of snow! I personally wouldn’t pick it for a very wet/windy day.

Also, voluntary ban starts on Sunday, so you’ll have to drag yourself out pretty early (or late) to beat that if you’re not doing it on Saturday. If you are doing it on Saturday, probably the only decent weather day of the BH weekend , I would expect all the paths to be pretty busy..

Lakes_Puma

Thanks for the heads up, yep looking at doing Snowdon in Saturday

Rorschach
    Free Member

Snowdon…May bank holiday Saturday, snowed twice in the week.
    Hmmmm.
    Cadir maybe?

fathomer

Me n the wife are heading to Coedy this weekend as well, riding the Beast on Saturday and something else on Sunday.

I wouldn’t be heading up Snowdon this weekend, I saw a post on Facebook earlier from the MTB Ranger (I think) advising against it.

mrhoppy

I did a cheeky off piste ride round CyB the other day, some awesome trails off the waymarked routes; steep, tech, switchbacks, snotty rocks and roots and not a person about. I’d do them.

Rorschach
    Free Member

ssssshhhhhhh

docrobster
    Free Member

Bad luck with the weather. Did the same last weekend, Snowdon Friday, penmachno Saturday and the beast on Sunday. Blue skies. Short sleeves. Ace.

forge197
    Free Member

Was supposed to be walking up and down Snowdon this weekend, the forecast this week up there a bit harsh, going to head to Coed instead and have a ride around the beast.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Off to Coed y Brenin this weekend’ is closed to new replies.