Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Off to Canada on Friday (Banff and Whistler), recommend me some trails
  • bloodyshins
    Free Member

Does anyone have any riding experience in Banff or Whistler (outside the bike park)? I was wondering if there are any ‘must ride’ trais to hit whilst I’m out there. Cheers!

100mphplus
    Free Member

When in Whistler get out to Pemberton or Squamish for the trails there. In Whistler/Blackcomb try and find ‘Hey Bud’ and ‘Ride Don’t Slide’, both involve a bit of a push up but are worth it for the best natural trails in the area.

Go and see the boys at http://www.ticket2ridebc.com for shuttle run guiding on any of the trails at Pemby and Squamish, Pemby day is Tues and Squamish on a Thurs.

snowboardjon
    Free Member

You’re going to Banff and Whistler – are you driving or flying between the 2? If you’re driving I would check out Kicking Horse.

richc
    Free Member

Jumping pound trail is very good, however if you only have 1 car/driver it would be a hell of a climb afterwards

Sanny
    Free Member

I really enjoyed the river ride from Canmore to Banff and back when I was there. Nowt technical but a lovely spin. Just keep a watchful eye out for bears. There was a female runner killed on the trail the summer after we were there.

rs
    Free Member

surely, you’ve done some research, not to hard to find what trails are out there, if you feel like punishing yourself do this http://www.imba.com/epics/comfortably-numb but there are tons of great trails in the whistler valley as well as nearby places mentioned above plus come down and ride the shore for a day.

paulpalf
    Free Member

I reckon Comfortably Numb is possible the worst trail in the Whistler valley – 90% technical climbing with no flow followed by a short downhill!
    Head up to Pemberton and climb Nimby, 100 switchbacks up the side of the valley, all rideable! Come down Overnight Sensation makes a great loop.

Out in Canmore make sure you ride in Kananaskis – Jumpingpound Ridge/Cox hill is fantastic, its in the guide book.

plumber
    Free Member

Squamish
    Goat trail between canmore and banff – described above
    Jumping pound is good
    personally nothig I’d go back to in Whistler

_tom_
    Free Member
    walleater

I’m not sure that recommending the likes of Ride Don’t Slide to someone that you have no knowledge of their riding experience is all that clever to be honest. Plus, there’s a good chance that there will be snow and / or fallen trees on it at this time of year. It could end up being a 6 hour hike!

scruff
    Free Member

Morning Will.

bloodyshins
    Free Member

Cheers Fellas, I’ve been doing a bit of research and I think Pemberton is on the cards. I’m getting the greyhound from Banff to Whistler so Kicking Horse isn’t on the cards.
    paulpalf, I got that feeling about comfortably numb. Might give it a miss.
    Walleater, What is ride don’t slide like?

BearBack
    Free Member

I reckon Comfortably Numb is possible the worst trail in the Whistler valley – 90% technical climbing with no flow followed by a short downhill!

Not if you ride it in ‘reverse’

Whistlers west side has some amazing riding, but as has been said its hard to recomend trails when we don’t know your ability.

Our guides can show you whats what to suit your ability, aspirations and expectations.

http://www.bearbackciking.com

walleater

Ride Don’t Slide in an old school fall line trail that is long and steep, and also away from more accessible riding so if you get into trouble you’ll be lying flat on your face for potentially hours before anyone else comes along.

Good morning Scruff!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Off to Canada on Friday (Banff and Whistler), recommend me some trails’ is closed to new replies.