Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OFCOM,Price changes and your mobile supplier
  • brassneck

Specifically Vodafone in my case:

.. or maybe not for much longer

I think all are affected but maybe others aren’t making the same offer regarding cancelling of contracts. My letter is going off tomorrow, as I have around a year left on an iPhone contract that would be rather nice to not have to finish..

ourmaninthenorth

This is the result of a recent change called NTS charging, which affects both fixed and mobile calls. In Ofcom’s efforts to make call charges more transparent, they’ve overcomplicated the whole thing.

Vodafone have bigger issues than worrying about customers leaving in droves for call charges they (still) won’t understand. I mean, to leave you need to port your number and the lads in Newbury aren’t exactly having a top time of that lately either….

nealglover
    Free Member

My letter is going off tomorrow, as I have around a year left on an iPhone contract that would be rather nice to not have to finish..

Will you be wanting to keep the phone you haven’t finished paying for ?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

How else are they going to maintain their high profile sponsorships?

nickdavies

Apply to business users too? Great if so let me outta here, they can have the phone back!

brassneck

Will you be wanting to keep the phone you haven’t finished paying for ?

Yes, and if you think I feel in anyway guilty about that you’re mistaken and have never been a Vodafone customer.

EDIT: My understanding is that the phone is an inducement, not part of the contract so yes you keep the phone.

OMITN I agree getting the PAC code will be a mare. But alternately I have offered to stay and switch to an alternate contract, agreeing to the new conditions.

Business users too I believe!

bigyinn
    Free Member

RE: The NTS changes, as part of my role Im trying to make sense of this. Seems straightforward until you actually try and work out pricing.
    IMO Its a confused mess that really doesnt change an awful lot. Our NTS suppliuer either arent much more clued up or they dont know either. The industry as a whole seems to thinks its all rather pointless.

nickdavies

Just relooking at this now – Brassneck did you get that communication personally or have you picked it up somewhere else?

Seems to me that if you are not likely to be affected by the change you don’t have a right to cancel. They are only offering it to those who may be affected by out of bundle charges based on your last 3 months usage.

brassneck

Seems to me that if you are not likely to be affected by the change you don’t have a right to cancel. They are only offering it to those who may be affected by out of bundle charges based on your last 3 months usage.

I did get a text, but there is an argument along the lines that you may not have used such services in the last 3 months, but you may very well do so in the remainder of your contract. I don’t think the text is a guarantee of acceptance either, and I’m not sure there is any requirement for a provider to end the contract, it’s a goodwill gesture. On Vodafones part probably because they got a bit of a PR hiding when a similar thing happened a few years back (3G related I think?). This time they are trying to make it available but not advertise it widely, which I think they would have to do if they were compelled to end contracts.
    IANAL, there are a few on here that could argue the legal case properly, but I’m just taking them up on an invitation and seeing where it goes.

czthompson

Anyone have any joy with O2 and this?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OFCOM,Price changes and your mobile supplier’ is closed to new replies.