Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)
  • Of all the ads that sicken my piss…….
  • jimjam
    Free Member

this is probably my most loathed at present.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bwoHPWU2qw[/video]

Smug tosser with bad tattoos and chiseled abs copes with fame, succeeds at “sport” and gets the girls despite no discernible talent.

ton

who is he?

Edric64
    Free Member

Who is he ? I dont recognize him either

oldnpastit

I knew there was a reason I’m paying for Netflix….

mikey3
    Free Member

I thought it was just some random model.

jimjam
    Free Member

ton – Member

who is he?

He’s no one. As far as I’m aware. He’s just an avatar for people who want to emulate the kind of success they see on Geordie Shore and TOWIE etc.

Trail-Blazer
    Free Member

I feel like putting my boot through the TV every time Peter fooking Andre pops up.

That’s why C U next Tuesday’s go to Iceland. 👿

RustySpanner

Of all time:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOmlS0KV4oo[/video]
    ****!

And this one.
    I want this, I want that, bleaty, whiny, self centred moany cow. [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BCoV0LVb_k[/video]

They deserve each other.

Edric64
    Free Member

I think he plays rugby football

ton

i dislike all car adverts. however they do appear to make life seem perfect…… 😀

seavers
    Free Member

Ads for alcohol….

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuGQ7eAXlfY[/video]

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Adverts don’t work on me, I’ve watched that clip to see what your’e on about but can’t actually remember what it was for!
    The bloke in it didn’t have any ‘effect’ on me either.

PrinceJohn

They’re just ads you don’t like. This advert is properly offensive…

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWF2JBb1bvM[/video]

Hey everyone, there was a war, & it wasn’t that horrible because there were some truces at Christmas… & oh yeah buy your shopping from us.

seavers
    Free Member

Hey everyone, there was a war, & it wasn’t that horrible because there were some truces at Christmas… & oh yeah buy your shopping from us.

Only 16 million dead…but hey ‘Live Well For Less’.

jimjam
    Free Member

PrinceJohn – Member

They’re just ads you don’t like. This advert is properly offensive…

Um, that’s just an advert you don’t like. I don’t actually find it offensive.

PrinceJohn

You don’t find a supermarket trying to get you to spend your money with them by using an event that wasted the lives of 16 million people offensive?

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

G Butler and H Laurie the ones male grooming products aarrgghh

CountZero

Only 16 million dead…but hey ‘Live Well For Less’.

Still less than died from the flu shortly afterwards. I pay little attention to adverts when they’re on, and ffwd through them when I record things.
    There are, after all, far more important things to get all bent out of shape over.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Gotta agree with ya there PJ..
    It’s awful.

egb81
    Free Member

I don’t understand perfume adverts. You have no idea if it stinks like dead cat and piss but here’s an extravagant advert to convince you of something you can’t verify while sat on you’re arse watching it.

jimjam
    Free Member

PrinceJohn

You don’t find a supermarket trying to get you to spend your money with them by using an event that wasted the lives of 16 million people offensive?

In principal, I think that WW1 is a poor choice of subject matter for an advert yes, in principal. But in terms of execution it’s relatively respectful and certainly doesn’t glorify war.

I find this deeply offensive

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=971mV-vLIaw[/video]

The glorification and glamorization of actual current conflict, even going so far as to ad “my proudest day ever”. And what’s more it insults the viewers intelligence by implying that no insurgents were harmed. It apes the style of on board footage we’ve all seen where people are splattered all over the desert.

seavers
    Free Member

You probably don’t find it offensive because you haven’t thought about the way a supermarket has reduced a horrific war down to a hand shake and a bar of chocolate.

You sir are a marketing departments wet dream.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Not seen that aftershave ad until now, but God does that blokes face need a bloody good slap. He looks more smug than that Dr Christian on ‘let’s gets all our weird shaped penis’ out on tv’ show.

jimjam
    Free Member

seavers

You probably don’t find it offensive because you haven’t thought about the way a supermarket has reduced a horrific war down to a hand shake and a bar of chocolate.

You sir are a marketing departments wet dream.

Sorry? Read the thread title, read my comment, then come back to me.

STEALTH EDIT
    I don’t find the Sainsburys advert offensive because I don’t find it offensive. When I see that advert I think about how awful that situation was, the reality that both characters will likely die the next day, and the horrible futility of the situation those men were in. I don’t think ” I must pop down to Sainsburys and get some chocolate and a 6 pack of coke”.

It’s not as if they have Peter Andre in there catching swiss rolls fired from German mortars or Ant and Dec tucking into their tasty Waitrose rations.

As a Daily Mail banner headline, yes it’s morally dubious. But I don’t find it offensive.

seavers
    Free Member

Sorry? Read the thread title, read my comment, then come back to me.

Done both. My point still stands.

Edit: Nice stealth edit!

zippykona

That whisky one with the Gerry Adams lookalike.
    Or any from BT that implies they aren’t a total bunch of ****.

Edit. That sainsburys one should be pulled.

aracer
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iccscUFY860[/video]

botanybay
    Free Member

Don’t worry, Audi can try to sell you a car courtesy of singletrack.

And try and find out where you live in the process.

racefaceec90

i don’t have a digibox any more. am not missing it tbh 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t understand perfume adverts.

No, but ad agencies do. They are associating an image with branding, which then helps to create a positive feeling when you smell the stuff – even though they are always just strangely pungent chemical cocktails.

JCL
    Free Member

Advertising is visual cancer.

wrightyson
    Free Member

OP the add may upset you but you ever smelt it?
    Girls and men alike love it 😉

righog
    Free Member

Now this advert is offensive…NSFW…Geordie Christmas.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrlZNVi_N54[/video]

Come here Pet.

jekkyl

Why tf does anyone watch adverts? If you have to watch live TV pause the picture and talk to your wife or surf the web or you know anything else. Adverts just rot your brain.

iolo
    Free Member

Not everyone has the technology to pause and fast forward tv.
    I’ve got a DVB telly. That’s all. Signal comes from a transmitter to my arial.
    No fancy box so I have no choice but to watch the ads.

passtherizla
    Free Member

eugh that is bloody awful… and Kanye west over it all is like icing a turd with vomit.

jamiep
    Free Member

No idea what the advert is for, but that black and white one where Scarlett Johansson gets picked up in a fancy car by Matthew McConaughey. I keep catching it and it is further winding me up every time I hear:

Matthew: I like your dress
    Scarlett: It likes you back
    me: What. Does. That. Mean?

DezB
    Free Member

Have you seen the Victoria biscuits one? With all the supposedly “Sweeeet” animals coming out of the tin? Maybe not offensive, but it’s proper “WTF?!”
    Just freaky and in no way makes me want to eat biscuits.

Also, agree on the Iceland ones. I once bought a salt and pepper grinder set in there. Never going in there again!

jimjam
    Free Member

jamiep
    No idea what the advert is for, but that black and white one where Scarlett Johansson gets picked up in a fancy car by Matthew McConaughey. I keep catching it and it is further winding me up every time I hear:

Matthew: I like your dress
    Scarlett: It likes you back
    me: What. Does. That. Mean?

It’s slang for do me up the wrong un.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I react even more strongly to TV adverts….so I don’t have a telly.

Well, it’s the other way around, I don’t have a telly, and haven’t for ages, so now when I see an advert I am astonished by the shoutyness of it.

Anyway, I gather that soon I won’t have to see such things anymore. And not because I’m turning into a freeloader…..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 118 total)

The topic ‘Of all the ads that sicken my piss…….’ is closed to new replies.