Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Odd mounting on dropout
  • hot_fiat

Does anyone know what the horizontal mounting thing is on my Specialized’s rear left dropout? I thought it was perhaps for a coaster brake, then maybe hub gear or a kick-stand but I can’t find anything that seems to match up with it.

kayak23

Rear rack for shopping?

hot_fiat

Nah, it’s only on one side & there’s drillings for a rack above it.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Stunt peg!

hot_fiat

hmmm, perhaps – styled like a one-sided mobster car’s running board?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not a clue but you are the first person i have seen to use the plastic blot clip things that come with shimano brakes

Matt24k
    Free Member

not a clue but you are the first person i have seen to use the plastic blot clip things that come with shimano brakes

You mean the plastic bolt clip that is supposed to stop the caliper coming loose?
    They are fitted as standard so I would imagine most people don’t take them off their ready built bike.

kayak23

Intriguing that… what model is it?
    Guess an email to specialized. Anything in the manual?

Is it a hardtail?

joshvegas
    Free Member

I am going to go with…

Its a stop so you can’t jam the qr against the frame.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I am going to go with…

Looking at the relative distance from and its alignment with the drop out….

Its a stop so you can’t jam the qr against the frame.

shermer75
    Free Member

Warp drive

shermer75
    Free Member

This is the first thread that I’ve noticed that has tags….

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

Its for a kickstand, Seen one outside the Harrogate concept store, pretty neat set up.

Clicky

shermer75
    Free Member

Damn, beat me to it! 😉 I was following the ‘cross trail’ lead in the tags. Problem solved!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, kick stand. Oddly, my kinesis Tripster has something very similar but it looks like even a kick stand can’t find a common standard.

hot_fiat

Thanks, I can now go back to contemplating why they fitted the plastic tags to the back brake and not the front. Yeah it’s a Specialized Crosstrail: my c2w ride.

joshvegas
    Free Member

You can’t see your rear brake fall off so it requires a little bit of extra security?

bommer
    Free Member

The plastic thingys are already fitted on the back when the bike is in the box. The front caliper isn’t, and most mechs don’t put the plastic things on when fitting it.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Odd mounting on dropout’ is closed to new replies.