Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Obnoxious staff
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

…Or management as it goes in this case. Yesterday afternoon I stopped by Stratford Upon Avon. I popped into this fairly large cafe that sells fantastic cakes and sandwiches etc. It was packed full and Stratford being a popular place with tourists had a single large group of Japanese visitors, most of whom were under 20 years old.

I joined the queue and in front of me were 2 members of the group of Japanese tourist, no older than 18 years old and were struggling a little with their English. The guy serving was the manager/owner and he had zero patience with them. He was constantly rolling his eyes, smirking at them and then being completely obnoxious and at one point border line aggressive. I was growing more annoyed at him more because I felt certain that if it had been an older British customer i.e me, then there is no way he would have had the same sort of attitude.

Once he’d served them and they walked off clearly unsettled by the way they had been treated, and I moved up to the counter he rolled his eyes again and smirked at me in a ‘aren’t we superior’ sort of way so I smiled and said “if you hate people that much maybe working in a customer serving industry isn’t for you”. Shocked he replied “I just hate certain types of people” so I said, getting more angry “you should get a sign for the door with pictures of the shades of people you are happy to take money off then”. He looked at me and said “well I don’t need to take your money, you can go somewhere else”. I bit my lip and just walked off.

It’s been bugging me since and I wish I’d said something more but I was overcome with anger and knew at that point I would have had nothing particularly coherent to say.

scuzz
    Free Member

Name ’em. Go on. You know you want to.

beefheart
    Free Member

Name and shame.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

I really do want to. But not sure it would be the right thing to do.

allthegear
    Free Member

Report him to the police. It might not be enough in itself for them to take any action but if further complaints come in over time it provides the bulk of evidence they need.

edit – oh, and name and shame, of course.

philconsequence
    Free Member

post it on facebook as a story with a picture of a black hand a a white hand holding hands. it’ll get 97thousand likes by saturday and you’ll be famous. dont forget to add ‘lyk dis if ur aganst rasizm’ at the end.

(seriously though, good on your for saying something) 🙂

fervouredimage
    Free Member

post it on facebook as a story with a picture of a black hand a a white hand holding hands. it’ll get 97thousand likes by saturday and you’ll be famous. dont forget to add ‘lyk dis if ur aganst rasizm’ at the end.

Dat made me LOLZ dat did.

FuzzyWuzzy

Don’t be a pansy, personally I couldn’t care if you named and shamed them but if it made you angry enough to post up here then post their name to so others in the area can make a choice. It’s not like if you say their name backwards three times a kitten dies and nor can they sue (if that’s really what your concern is) as long as you are just presenting the facts as they happened and not making overt accusations about racism etc.

zbonty

Pitchforks!!!!!!!

wwaswas

stand outside;

binners

Is he the local UKIP MP? certainly sounds like it

onandon
    Free Member

Fair play to you sir. Doff’s cap.

hora
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Doff’s cap.

Give it back to him. It’s not yours.

fervouredimage
    Free Member

Well, I wasn’t trying to be heroic or the great saviour of Japanese tourists in the Stratford Upon Avon region, I was just annoyed and had to say something. He was just thoroughly unpleasant and I just couldn’t let him get away with it. I’m sure I made zero impact on his day though.

kayak23

Smash the windows in and petrol bomb the place to oblivion…
    Or write a letter/phone the higher management. He sounds like he shouldn’t be in the position he is.

wwaswas

I’m sure I made zero impact on his day though.

Name and Shame and hit him in the wallet, that’ll have an impact.

tonyd

Dammit. I just googled “Stratford Upon Avon cafe cakes” to find out which places I should avoid if I ever visit there. I now have a long list of cafes to avoid, all of which appear to sell tasty sounding cakes.

I don’t want to have to go to Gregg’s so PLEASE tell me which one it was.

Junkyard
    Free Member

only time this happened to me – he was talking to another customer about Asians and using disparaging terms .
    I ended up throwing his chips at him [ he was serving me in a chippy] calling him a **** and saying i would kill him if he came near me [when he replied with a threat] whilst screaming come on then

I doubt i stopped him being a racist but he now things I am nuts

onandon
    Free Member

It is now 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

he now things I am nuts

*Smirks and rolls eyes*

DezB
    Free Member

Sorry junky, but it hasn’t been the same since you got your spell checker 😉

wwaswas

“I ended up throwing his chips at him … saying i would kill him if he came near me”

Always interesting to find out how people will behave when the chips are down.

igmc.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was that or the vinegar strokes.

wwaswas

It was that or the vinegar strokes.

he hung on to his saveloy then?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Yesterday best part of 150 commuters got booted of a train in deepest Purley, We were late leaving London Bridge then an announcement to the tune of “this train will not stop anywhere between Purley and it’s final destination, get off” So 150 or so commuters got off said train and rumbles and tut’s ensued/could be heard over the “we’re sorry” announcements blaring from the speakers.. Lots of jostling and arm waving at the other end of the station started to erupt.. Me and another interested commuter meandered(sprinted) to the location of arms flailing to find a most upset and frustrated commuter having a full on face off with one of Southern Trains finest Guards.. Raised voices and pointy fingers and the inevitable “go on, hit me, go on you pikey, go just once, go on punch me” turned out that the commotion was from the Guard agrivating the customer/commuter.
    Now I’m not too sure the where the red mist started, possibly the upset commuter asking why we’d been booted of the train, but for a Guard to actually goad a customer into provoking more anger and more frustration and actually inciting the customer to punch him..
    Well..
    How We Laughed.
    And all put complaints in.

spacemonkey

Or write a letter/phone the higher management. He sounds like he shouldn’t be in the position he is.

^^^^
    THIS

About 10 yrs ago I had a run-in with a Dixons cashier who was just plain rude. So I paid for my item and headed straight back into the store, located the manager and told him of her behaviour. His reply was along the lines of “… Sadly she’s been like that for a while … and she was in late again today … I need to give her a final warning … thank you for telling me …”

You can’t know for sure if your actions make a difference, but in some cases any action is better than no action.

binners

Surely that a salt?

Cougar

… And batter-y.

wwaswas

… And batter-y.

careful.

There’s a time and a plaice for chip shop based puns.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

There’s a time and a plaice for chip shop based puns.

Let’s not pepper this thread with them.

wwaswas

Let’s not pepper this thread with them.

yes, it’ll flounder if there’s too many.

scruff
    Free Member

Cod you repeat that please.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

It all sounds a bit fishy to me.

lasty
    Free Member

Stop these irrelivant haddock remarks …. sorry

MrSparkle

What a sprat!

wwaswas

Cod you repeat that please.

in summary bloke with short tempura gets into pickle with friar.

binners

What a sprat!

oil be the judge of that

fervouredimage
    Free Member

in summary bloke with short tempura gets into pickle with friar.

Had a bit of a roe.

mrjmt
    Free Member

There’s a lot of scraps in chippies.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Obnoxious staff’ is closed to new replies.