Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oakley Racing Jackets – Good Choice?
  • hitman
    Free Member

Looking at these for road biking and mountain biking. Not sure on whether to go for vented or non-vented lenses? Will use with prescription lenses so I’m looking at the black transition lenses at the moment. Anyone use a similar set up? Any other feedback on these?
    Cheers

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I like mine – have had two sets.

I run the vented Clear – Black iridium transitions, but the persimmon are good too

ae212060
    Free Member

I’ve been using a pair of jawbones for a few years now.. Road, XC, Commute, gravity enduro, DH. Can’t fault them.

I would definitely go down the vented route.

njee20
    Free Member

The Clear Black Iridium lense is a really good one too – I use mine in everything from bright sun to night riding.

BillOddie

I have a set of jawbones with prescription transitions lenses.

Are you sure you can get vented prescription transition lenses?
    When I bought mine last year for prescription lenses, transitions and venting were mutually exclusive.

They are great glasses though!

earl_brutus

can you still buy these glassess thought oakley had discontinued em??

hitman
    Free Member

The Clear Black Iridium lense is a really good one too – I use mine in everything from bright sun to night riding.

are these the same ass the ones I linked to?http://www.rxsport.co.uk/products/Oakley-Jawbone-%7B47%7D-Racing-Jacket-Prescription-Lenses-%252d-Black-Iridium-Transitions-%28inc-Back-AR-Coat%29.html

Are you sure you can get vented prescription transition lenses?
    When I bought mine last year for prescription lenses, transitions and venting were mutually exclusive.

I thought you could – will have to check

Any idea where the best price can be found?

pingu66
    Free Member

Awesome glasses, just ordered new ones with prescription lenses. I would recommend vented.

hitman
    Free Member

Awesome glasses, just ordered new ones with prescription lenses. I would recommend vented.

any recommendations as to where to buy?

munkster
    Free Member

I’ve got some prescription ones coming from RX Sport today assuming Royal Mail deliver (tracking suggests they will) – ordered on Sunday afternoon. Placed a half hearted delivery query on my account page on RX’s website on Tues and had a call within 15 minutes to confirm their response, quite unnerving but v.reassuring.

So, so far an excellent experience; unless they’re smashed to smithereens or the prescription is totally out (hopefully both unlikely) I’ll be pretty happy!

routier
    Free Member

Give Mike here a call http://www.uksportseyewear.co.uk/

I wear Split Jackets which are very similar to RJs but a little plainer looking.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Racing Jackets – Good Choice?’ is closed to new replies.