Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Oakley Half Jacket VR50
  • nacho
    Free Member

Following on form the recent Oakley thread I need to replace my lost Spesh glasses, am thinking of the half jacket VR50 model 13-703. Are the VR50 lenses worth it? I ride a lot of local trails where we are constantly in and out of the woods….owner comments? do they steam up? change quickly?

thanks all

randomjeremy
    Free Member

I have the vr50 flak jackets and the lenses are superb, a great colour and they change shade very quickly, repel water and mud etc. I used to ride in cheap safety glasses but these things have changed all that – and to top it off got them mad cheap at eyewearoutlet 🙂

nacho
    Free Member

chhers randomjeremy, seen a pair at £80 which seems good, gotta convince mrs nacho now

timmys

VR50 transitions are pretty good but if you can get them the clear/black transitions are a lot better.

nacho
    Free Member

hi timmys – sorry I’m confused, there seem loads of Oakley models and I’m on a budget, do you know why they are better? What model should I be looking for? Or should I just go with what I’ve seen for VFM?

timmys

They are better as they go completely clear which is great for dark woods etc. It’s quite possible you can’t get them for half jackets though, I haven’t looked. I have them for my Jawbones and I had to source the lenses from the US via eBay as the availability is really crap. I previously had the VR50’s which are good but at their lightest were still a bit on the dark side in my opinion.

nacho
    Free Member

OK thanks timmys, I have just done some googling and searching as I like the fact they go completely clear – would be nice to use them on night rides as well – do you mean like these? it says slight scratch on the lens though so not sure about these but I would ahve an idea what to look for…..
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Oakley-Sunglasses-Split-Jacket-Infrared-VR50-Iridium-/400232345374?pt=US_Sunglasses&hash=item5d2fb4ef1e

SOAP
    Free Member

I have Monster Dogs with VR50’s and they are the dogs danglies (excuse the pun)
    change fast enough when you go into trees/shade
    🙂

timmys

Nope, that’s VR50’s again.

If you look at these Jawbones transitions you can see the options of either “Clear Black” or “VR50”.
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/oakley-jawbone-sunglasses-transitions-solfx-lens/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products

Here’s an ebay search to also show you the ones I mean;
    http://shop.ebay.co.uk/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=oakley+clear+black+transitions&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Looks as though they exist for Flak Jackets if not the Half Jackets.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

VR28 is the best all round lens, IMO. Second is the Persimmon/Black Iridium Transitions lens.

nacho
    Free Member

thanks timmys although I now confess to being more confused than earlier! think I need to do some sunglasses homework 😀

qwerty
    Free Member

High Definition Yellow is where its at, never a dull day again 😉

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Oakley Half Jacket VR50’ is closed to new replies.