Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Nurburgring – Adenau Forest
  • the_lecht_rocks

anyone gone across to the Ring for some fossil fuelled fun and taken their MTB for trail action in and around Adenau and surrounding area ?

if so, recommended ?

thinking about a wee road trip with some friends and taking my bike for daytime riding……

TIA 🙂

DavidB
    Free Member

Yes, We rode the track around the ring. It was pants.

mrmoofo

Plenty of good riding in the Eifel area

m0rk
    Free Member

As per DavidB – find some other routes

mick_r

The track around the outside is good for watching but that is about it.

There are lots of “nordic walking” trails marked in the centre of the track – but might encounter a lot of angry germans with sticks!

Maybe also return home through Lux / Belgium – Ardennes, Houffalize etc?

6079smithw
    Free Member

Did a 12min lap in a BMW X5 3.0d. There was traffic and waved yellows though.
    Car wasn’t the quickest out there but it was great over the kerbs 😀

the_lecht_rocks

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm…

eifel area recommendations then ?

markfu
    Free Member

I live just outside Kaiserslautern, so quite a bit South of where you’re going, but you could quite easily get into the Pfalzerwald with not too much pain. I’ve not personally ridden in the Eiffel, but there is a bike park there and probably countless other riding options. A good place to have a look would be on MTBR, as there are a lot of US military based around the S of the Eiffel and the Hunnsruck hills. I’ve heard a trail mentioned around Manderscheid Castle numerous times. There is also Stromberg flow trail not too far south of where you are if you want a bit of DH.

If you do get into the Pfalzerwald, maybe check out the Felsenwanderweg at Rodalben. 48km of waymarked singletrack, not strictly for bikers (And probably best on a week day), but it rides like purpose built stuff imo, no huge climbs, just nicely flowing singletrack with some nice rockery. Stays fairly dry too as it’s all sandstone.

the_lecht_rocks

markfu – sounds good but a bit of logistics / planning needed and all that……………?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Nurburgring – Adenau Forest’ is closed to new replies.