Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Numpty laptop question. Screen display problems
  • jova54
    Free Member

I have an IBM T40 running XP.

On some websites it displays the full screen dsiplay on just the lefthand side of the display overlapping the frames and making it impossible to access all the information.

The screen is set to default in the properties.

Any ideas how I can expand it out to full screen without affecting other websites.

FWIW STW displays OK.

Thanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

sounds more like a browser problem than the screen.

When you say “overlapping frames” do you mean webpage frames or application windows?

jova54
    Free Member

Stoner,

Webpage frames as normally if application windows overlap you get scroll bars or you can drag and drop them.

I’m running IE7 and it’s fully up to date.

Before anyone tells me I should be using Garglefart or whatever it is; I’ve use IE in all it’s versions for the past 10+ years without the problems that others think they have and this problem occurs on no more than 1% of websistes but is a pain when you can’t access info you want to see.

I’ve also run an experiment and printed a page that displays with problems and the printout is the same.

Stoner
    Free Member

Webpage frames as normally if application windows overlap you get scroll bars or you can drag and drop them.

eh?

when it puts the applicaton windows on the left hand side of the screen whats on the righ hand side? your desktop image or black space?

jova54
    Free Member

Sorry, probably didn’t explain myself terribly well.

When the webpage is displaying the toolbar for IE spans the full screen, the displayed page is in the lefthand half of the screen and the right side is blank.

Does that make more sense?

Stoner
    Free Member

definately a browser problem, not the screen hardware.

which sites does it go wrong on?

jova54
    Free Member

One is West Sussex County Council’s jobs website another was a competition through the Daily Torygraph.

Shame about the DT one as it was for a 10 day holiday in California.

Cheers Stoner.

sweep
    Free Member

Can you screenshot it and post it? Its difficult to explain in the right words what the problem is with problems like this, I think if people knew the right language to explain what the problem was then half the time they have the answer anyway.

Dumb stuff in case you’re explaining… resolution is set right on screen driver yeah? All websites?

Downloaded Firefox and tried that on same website (if everything else is right).

IE updated properly? Which version? WIndows update working 100% …just establishing if you’re using IE that it is the lastest cos XP has been out for years now.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Numpty laptop question. Screen display problems’ is closed to new replies.