Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Now the TdF is over, and we've had a good weekend of weather (Cricket content!)
  • mboy
    Free Member

Could we PLEASE all do a nice rain dance just for tomorrow! 🙄

Not much fancying England’s chances of batting through the remainder of today, and all day tomorrow to draw the test match sadly. 2 down already, and Pietersen very nearly just threw his wicket away too…

And I thought after Cook and Trott started the first innings in such a positive way, we’d be in with a shout in this match! 🙁

Dancake
    Free Member

Think it better start raining now…

maybe Bell can frown his way to the draw

piemonster

Good weekend of weather. Not here it isn’t, 40-60mph winds on the hills.

mboy
    Free Member

4 down now!

So much for it being a batting wicket… Back to England’s old ways it would seem…

🙁

zokes
    Free Member

😯

grum
    Free Member

Pretty embarassing for the no 1 team in the world, playing at home. 😯

sputnik
    Free Member

Amla 311 – what an legend!

” Former England captain Michael Vaughan joked on Twitter that his signature beard had grown 1cm since he came into bat.” 🙂

drlex
    Free Member

In contrast, I was thrilling to the performance of Somerset’ s tame South African, Mr Craig Kieswetter, as he flayed Durham’s bowling to reach 100 in 58 balls (I think 7 sixes and 9 boundaries) and guarantee a victory in the 21st over of the CB40 match. (Also good to see Marcus Trescothick open the batting and not hobble off)
    Roll on Tuesday’s t20 QF!

trailmoggy
    Free Member

We should never batted when we won the toss, Thursday was overcast and humid and we have as a good a swing bowling attack as anybody………or so I thought

mboy
    Free Member

We should never batted when we won the toss, Thursday was overcast and humid and we have as a good a swing bowling attack as anybody………or so I thought

Erm… You’d put good money on Jimmy Anderson, Stuart Broad and Tim Bresnan to move the ball about in the air better than just about any other bowling attack in the world normally.

In fact, you’d normally put money on them (combined with Swann) to take 20 wickets relatively easily on any wicket in the world in a test match. Seemingly not so this match as they were all nothing but predictable! Swann couldn’t even get much turn… All of them made it look like an absolutely perfect batting wicket. I actually feel sorry for A B de Villiers and Jacques Rudolph, they must’ve been keen as mustard to get a bat on that wicket but they won’t get a single chance inside a 5 day test match!

Then after a sub standard performance in the first innings pulled up by Alastair Cook’s ton (England really should have got 500 on that wicket), the SA attack come straight out and swing the ball all over the place and take 4 quick wickets in Englands 2nd innings!

grum
    Free Member

We have to at least make them bat again – otherwise this is a major embarrassment for England. Bell and Prior need to play out of their skins.

mboy
    Free Member

I can see them having to bat again, but for a token amount, which is as good as losing by an innings anyway IMO.

Well done Bell at least for sticking in there for a few hours.

grum
    Free Member

Nearly all over now….

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Erm… The South African attack is hard enough to face, let alone in overcast conditions,

we just didn’t have enough runs first innings.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Now the TdF is over, and we've had a good weekend of weather (Cricket content!)’ is closed to new replies.