Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Notice: What's Happening with the Site?
  • tomdebruin
    Free Member

The Singletrack forum is currently experiencing some database related issues, rest assured we are working on it and aim to resume normal service as soon as possible.

Some problems you might experience:
    [list]
    [*]Older forum topics don’t display the posts within them.[/*]
    [*]Forum history (within user profiles) does not reflect accurate information.[/*]
    [*]The search is not returning results correctly. Please use Google SiteSearch.[/*][/list]Thanks for all your reports of problems, and thanks for your patience.

fbk
    Free Member

Appreciate all the hard work you guys are putting in. It makes you realise how well the place works normally I guess 🙂

chainslapp
    Free Member

Keep up the good work Tom, at the end of the day the issues are not life threatening. 😀

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Well done chaps, it’ll all be OK in the end 🙂

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Maybe a few more donations ladies and gents? / updgrade your subscription to premier user may help things and show our appreciation?

We all take this free service for granted until it breaks. Like so any other things in life. 🙄

nick1962
    Free Member

This dip in service is absolutely ridiculous and is clearly the fault of that criminal gang at STW towers.I will never be visitng this site again ……lazlo53 😉

armchairbiker

I’d also recommend you check the subscription site pages too – just tried to renew by subs and told that the different cards I tried are unauthorised.

This time you can’t blame the postie 🙂

foxyrider
    Free Member

These things take time – I know as I have spent many an hour on out work server! Just don’t delete the backup 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Wow. It’s certainly quick now!

For the geeks amongst us, what’s causing the problems? Data migration between the new/old servers?

Hairychested
    Free Member

It’s certainly substantially quicker, can I have the history back please?
    Good job, lads. You deserve a glass of OJ 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Well done for all your hard work! 8)

Sunday’s for riding though isn’t it?

Tom
    Free Member

We’ve managed to sort out a number of bottlenecks which all made themselves apparent in time for the busy/holiday season. There’s a bit more of that in progress, as well as some other improvements.

The forum database should hopefully be finally straightened out later tonight, following its untimely crash last week. I may have to close the forum for a few hours, probably in the early hours of Sunday (UTC). I’ll put up an advance notice later for anyone who’ll still be awake.

sunkistbob
    Free Member

Keep up the good work Chaps, certainly appreciated as this is wonderful Forum indeed.

Ben

aracer
    Free Member

I may have to close the forum for a few hours, probably in the early hours of Sunday (UTC)

Bah – what are us insomniacs supposed to do then? I suppose I could just open a load of threads in tabs on advance…

Kevevs
    Free Member

New year, new problems. hey ho!

Tom
    Free Member

Sorry I had to take the forum database offline for a bit there. It should all be straightened out now.

druidh
    Free Member

Looking good Tom – and all the “lost” posts are back.

Not bad for a Sunday – I hope you get time off in lieu!

Thanks

matt_outandabout

Aye, working the weekend – thank you.

bassspine
    Free Member

wow. It’s all quick and working now. Lovely. Thanks, mr STWTechy

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good work, men.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Notice: What's Happening with the Site?’ is closed to new replies.