Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Not the flu but a horrible cold (wimpy male content).
  • fervouredimage
    Free Member

Anyone else picked up one these nasty cold bugs that’s doing the rounds? I thought I’d caught the flu initially but don’t think it’s quite bad enough for that but it is a really really horrible cold. My head feels like its going to burst, my chest and stomach ache, I’ve got the shakes, really horrible.

No doubt my wife wil catch it and brush it off as a runny nose.

grum
    Free Member

You’ve been poisoned with deadly MANTHRAX. Call an ambulance immediately.

Philby

Me too – felt something coming on a couple of days ago and thought it was just going to be a 24 hour thing. Was hoping to go out on my road bike this morning for the first time in a few months – bike cleaned and all my gear ready – but woke up feeling grim and decided staying in was the sensible option. Now got to work out how to get some miles done in preparation for an 80+ mile event in 3 weeks time (one week of which will be away skiing).

zippykona

I’ve got it and pass it back and forth with mrs Zip. 3 weeks so far.

VanHalen

Have all your symptoms plus sweating, shivering and feeling like throwing up.

The whole family has it. It’s like a smokers cough convention in the morning with associated wimpering and groaning.

Proper grim bug.

CountZero

Been there, had that. Followed a dose of Norovirus, first day back at work on January 2nd, thought it was just a regular cold when I felt the first symptoms the following week, and last Monday was the first day I’ve actually felt well.
    Lost my appetite, and went to get something to eat one night, having not felt hungry all day, and I fainted twice in the kitchen!
    I didn’t think it was possible for the human head to produce so much snot! Went through two loo rolls one day. 😐

fourbanger
    Free Member

Cold and flu symptoms are so similar it can be impossible to tell them apart without a test.

unovolo
    Free Member

Have all your symptoms plus sweating, shivering and feeling like throwing up.

Snap, have had that also had to take 2 weeks off work,I very rarely retire to my bed when ill,but this left me bed ridden for 3days solid.

Just gone back to work and now have a cold,thats bad enough on its own without having to go in grim households or getting abuse off customers because THEY have got there days mixed up and arent expecting me,wish I had stayed off another week.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Not the flu but a horrible cold (wimpy male content).’ is closed to new replies.