Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Not so LBS Experience – Tamed Earth
  • johnj2000
    Free Member

Just wanted to share another positive LBS experience however this one wasn’t very local to me but obviously it is to someone.I decided a few weeks ago to stop fannying around and get stuck in to the bike to work scheme to fund a Stanton Sherpa.

From the off Tom was great, totally patient with me as I rattled on about the cycle scheme and how it worked and what I should do with the money. Gave good advice on which bits were best bought new etc etc and seemed genuinely interested in helping me out.

So the upfront bit was good and on the day of collection it was an equally positive experience, which you really want it to be when parting with several hundred quid!

Now we move on to after sales where a lot of places fall down, but no, we had a problem with a part of the bike which came as a bit of a surprise and could have been a difficult discussion. But Tom came through this customer service minefield with ease and the problem was sorted with no fuss at all.

My actual LBS (hargroves)has been great this year and now Tamed Earth has proven once again that we need to try and keep these gems alive. I think all my expensive purchases will now be done through the LBS because the service makes it worthwhile.

Cheers Tom.

mattbee

They are about half an hour up the A3 from me.
    Wife bought her new Bandit from them last month. Service was excellent, picture updates of the build, nice pleasant guy to deal with, was extremely happy.
    My wife really liked the way that she was treated too, as a rider not just as the woman who had come in to the shop with me.
    I’d heartily recommend them.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Not just a one off then Matt, excellent.

johnj2000
    Free Member

After reAding the other LBS bashing thread I thought it unfair that this one only got 3 posts so I am breathing new life into it.

ceepers

Plus one for tamed earth from me. Got great advice on bandit sizing and whether it would suit what I wanted. Even took some pics of the blue frame so I could see the colour.

I didn’t buy from them but only because they are a few hundred miles away and it turned out my actual LBS (Southfork in Braunton who are really EXCELLENT!) could get hold of a frame for me.

Top chaps all round!

gribble
    Free Member

Great shop. Also received good service from Tom. Will buy from them when possible, although I am also lucky to have Cycleworks on my door step.

scottfitz
    Free Member

My actual LBS (hargroves)has been great this year and now Tamed Earth has proven once again that we need to try and keep these gems alive. I think all my expensive purchases will now be done through the LBS because the service makes it worthwhile.

Yes 100% agree both Tanned Earth (run by a really nice guy) and Hargroves (Especially the Chichester store) have really supported the local MTB community. Cycleworks (Petersfield) not so much.

daftvader
    Free Member

See John I told you they were great…..

Yak

Also a thumbs up for Owens in Steep too. Great service at good rates and sound advice. They also supported our school when we did a workshop day at the fair. Overall, there are some great LBS’s around here.

Houns

You did well building one of those up within the £1000 limit. The spec must be quite poor

scottfitz
    Free Member

Also a thumbs up for Owens in Steep too.

I will give that a +1 too.

timnwild

Tom was really helpful when i wanted to demo a Bandit a few months back. Great shop.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Yes it’s an awful spec Houns, nice work in bringing a positive thread down 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Not so LBS Experience – Tamed Earth’ is closed to new replies.