• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by nbt.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • North West/North Wales family friendly routes
  • ninkynonk
    Free Member

Now the kids are loving their riding I’m trying to get them out a bit more and also break the boredom of our usual routes.

They’re only 7 and not quite mastered gears yet so would prefer reasonably flat and off-road (not “mtb off road”).

We currently ride a lot on the Wirral Way, Delamere fire roads and Chester/Dee cycle paths but happy to travel slightly further afield.

I’m going to check out Sustrans later but though I’d ask the STW massive for their pearls of wisdom.

cheers

ninkynonk
    Free Member

cheers nbt I guess the search facility is there for a reason!

tthew

Llandegla green?
    Whitegate Way, which is close to Delamere. It’s a bit of an out and back if you just ride it as it stands, but there are options for small loops off it, which are eminently changeable as they get a bit older and stronger.
    Over the other side of Northwich you have Marbury Park which links up to some nice river paths down to the Anderton Boat Lift.

As you might guess, I live round that area. Drop me an e-mail if you want any specifics.

SiB
    Free Member

Walked around Llyn Brenig and Alwen reservoir the other weekend (two expanses of water right next to each other so both can be done on same trip, looked perfect for young cyclists), just the other side of Denbigh, took about 45mins to get there from west Wirral, bike hire there too. I’ll definitely be going back there with bikes next time.

If you’re OK with Wirral Way and Delamere fire roads you’ll be fine at Llyn Brenig & Alwen, a good day out

nbt

I just recalled that one becuase it was started by a mate 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘North West/North Wales family friendly routes’ is closed to new replies.