Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • north wales police
  • robhughes
    Free Member

2 speeding tickets in two weeks ahhhhhhh.
    i,m normaly a very good at keeping within the speed limit but 2 tickets,both at 36 in a 30 no wonder they have the reputation they,ve got.god i hate them.
    usless rant but well anoyed.
    don,t know if it,s with them or myself.think i,ll have my car limited to 33 mph.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Ha Ha Brunstrom is a fekin looney mate. We've got a mounted division as well now for gods sake!! As if Wrexham get enough of a footy crowd to cause trouble

robhughes
    Free Member

i now where i,d like to fekin mount him.

woody2000

20% over the limit and you're whinging about getting a ticket? I'd have shot you on sight, never mind a ticket 😉

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

A driving thread!!

*awaits goan* 🙂

tankslapper
    Free Member

They must be one of the most despised forces in the country. I wonder what they tell people they do for a living down the local pub?

I got done in Bala last year. Because my licence is a Northern Irish one I was asked to change it as I am now resident here. I told them to stick it as I was resident wherever I pleased in the UK. They're not happy but can't do owt about it. My licence is still registered at my 'home' address in N.I. and that's the way it's going to stay.

Should explain – they can't put the points on my licence as it's apparently made of Teflon!

Drac

You broke the law, got caught have been punished. No ones fault but yours.

nicks
    Free Member

lol @ shortbread

Drac

*awaits goan*

He'll not make it he's doing his daily quota to reach 1,000,000 miles.

tankslapper
    Free Member

[/quote]Drac – Member
    You broke the law, got caught have been punished. No ones fault but yours.

At least you're consistent Drac 😉

Drac

If your caught speeding it's as simple as that, I know was when I got caught.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

i HATE north wales police. All they're bothered about is speeding! There was a murder in flint the other day don't they know?!

marcus7
    Free Member

I was reading the local wrexam paper and speeding is a problem… a bloke in hawarden has hit his own gatepost "several times" when pulling out onto the road "because the cars travel quickly". there was a photo of him looking at the damage to his car…I had to laugh at the bloke as he didnt seem to think that him hitting his own gatepost had anything to do with his driving ability….or lack of…

iDave
    Free Member

staffordshire aren't much better. a mobile camera to get people 50 yards before a gatso as they came into a 40 from a 60, on a rural dual cariageway. ba5tards. burn them all, and their cameras

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

If you can't do the time don't do the crime. It ain't rocket science

robhughes
    Free Member

well strike me down and burn me at the stake.6mph god i,m evil.

Telemaster18
    Free Member

ha! Yeh I'm sure all you honest people have never broken a speed limit!

robhughes
    Free Member

T18 you got it.kettle black and all that crap.
    hope they get hit soon.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have broken the speed limit loads. I have even been caught and fined. I have never bleated about it being unfair. The rules are there and you should know what they are. If you chose to break them you risk being caught and fined. MTFU and take the hit.

robhughes
    Free Member

who said it was unfair.d/h

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

robhughes – Member

2 speeding tickets in two weeks ahhhhhhh.
    ……..no wonder they have the reputation they,ve got.god i hate them.
    usless rant but well anoyed.
    ………

sounds to me like you are blaming the police for upholding the law.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Upholding the law is one thing – using a part of 'the law' as a levy is quite another. No problem with police stopping motorists for breaking the law as long as they catch as many crims….

JulianA
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    If you can't do the time don't do the crime. It ain't rocket science

Not always true.

NWPD can be crap. Brunstrom seems to be an arsehole.

robhughes
    Free Member

Tj.you plod or wot.

MrOvershoot

JulianA – Member
    NWPD can be crap. Brunstrom seems to be an arsehole.

He is supposed to be retiring this autumn?

Though in 14 years of driving in North Wales I have no points or even been stopped by the Heddlu!

I think its mostly down to observation and intuition about the road conditions/dangers as in 27 years I have only ever had 3 points & that was in my 2nd year of driving when I thought I knew it all, I didn't and still don't but I learnt from it and hopefully improved?

Oh I still probably drive faster than I should, just I seem to be within the law when any enforcement measures are in the vicinity!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No I am not plod. I am aware Brunstom is a numpty and is perhaps a little keen on policing roads with zero tolerance.

I merely dislike folk bleating abut being done for speeding. its really simple to eliminate the risk of prosecution – don't speed.

Any argument about it being unfair is bogus. Break the speed limits, get caught, get fined, put up with it.

don't bleat about it. Its not a trap. its not a trick. Its a law with a penalty for breaking it.

Over the years I think I have been done 4 times – each time I paid my fine and went on my way. No ones fault but mine.

Drac

Yeh I'm sure all you honest people have never broken a speed limit!

Never illegally in a 30, only legally. I would never and never speed in a 30.

robhughes
    Free Member

nevere crept over 30.yer we all belive you

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Rob I've been done before by N Wales plod a couple of times within 6 months so can sympathise but I have to say I'm with TJ on this one. If you live in N Wales then you must know they're over zealous so you can't really complain when you're caught. I think from your post you're just as annoyed at yourself for letting it happen especially the second time.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I wish something was done about the bloody idiots who seem to ignore the 30 limit in our village. Trying to cross the road with the pram is interesting at times due to the plebs driving at warp factor ridiculous. I may put my foot down on the motorway but when it comes to residential areas I stay well within or below the limit. Prime example of why. I was driving along at about 15mph when a kiddy decided he wanted to cross the road whilst I was approaching luckily I was able to stop well before him. Now if I had been going the speeds some twunts drive around our estate (bearing in mind they have kids too) at that kiddy would have been toast!
    Here endeth my high horse 😆

mudshark
    Free Member

I visit my Gran in Holyhead every year and have been told to be careful about my speed – so far so good but I do wonder if I spend too much time watching my speed that I might not spend enough time watching for bad drivers who might cause me problems.

aP
    Free Member

I'm still constantly amazed by the number of people who can't keep to a constant speed when driving or am I strange in heving learnt to take my foot off the right pedal sometimes and to listen to the engine in order to help stay at the same speed?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

hampshire police are doing my t1ts in!! every sunday a31 near bighton every friday a31 hogs back where it goes from a 70 to a 60 there 100m or so in to it!!

BURN THEM

johnners
    Free Member

I'm still constantly amazed by the number of people who can't keep to a constant speed when driving

I too am surprised that we haven't had the usual suspects chipping in with claims that maintaining a legal speed and paying attention to the road simultaneously is beyond them.

mattsccm
    Free Member

I think you are very brave Rob. Putting your hand up to what many of us see as a serious crime. Twice. now thats stupid. I'd have given 9 points for the first and several years ban for the second. Idiot

uplink
    Free Member

I'm still constantly amazed by the number of people who can't keep to a constant speed when driving

That's what cruise control is for 😀

Captain_Crash
    Free Member

I got caught by a camera once.

The road had recently been revised to a 30 from a 40.

I was doing 40, didn't see the new sign, which was very small, and got kodak'd.

Turns out the Police had been naughty, they should never have erected that camera where it was, and since then it has been removed.

Word was people who'd been caught by that particular camera could get their points removed because the camera shouldn't have been there.

I didn't bother. I was doing 40 spot-on (where once you were allowed to do so) in what had become a 30. I was, unintentionaly speeding.

Strange thing is, the road hasn't been changed. Just one day, whomever makes these decisions, decided to reduce the limit form 40 to 30.

Its just my opinion, but speeding in a 30 is very bad. As we all know, 30s are usually for urban areas where pedestrians may be. Its the presence of peds in urban 30s which is why I stick to the 30 more strictly than any other speed limit. You can't justify speeding past people who are just a few feet from your car.
    Thats my view on 30s.

CC.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Better getting caught and fined than killing someone you didn't have to and having to live with it.

I was fairly convinced I'd been caught considerably over the limit by the NWP (massive long stretch of NSL open country road, going downhill with no side roads), spotted a white van in the distance with blacked out windows parked facing up the hill but it never clicked. As the van was parked in a 30 or maybe 40 limit I'd slowed to the limit at that point to below the limit (I especially dont like, and always do my best not to, speed in residential areas) – as I passed the van I spotted it was the police with a laser/camera out of the window. I went home expecting a banning, but with no-one but myself to blame/curse/swear at. But it turns out they were very nice and presumably because I slowed for the village they never sent me a nasty letter. More than fair I thought!

stumpy01

Getting caught speeding twice in as many weeks would suggest that you aren't as good at sticking to the speed limit as you say you are. And seeing as most car speedos over-read slightly, you probably thought you were going slightly faster.

Boo hoo, the Police caught you breaking the law. I'd be more annoyed with myself than with them.

mudshark
    Free Member

Given the amount of people I see driving over 70mph on the motorway I'm sure there are a few on here who don't stick to the speed limits…. Anyway, my problem which I need to snap out of is driving at the speed of the traffic I'm in so do find myself going over the limit at times.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘north wales police’ is closed to new replies.