Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • North Wales family holiday suggestions please…..
  • pahoehoe
    Free Member

Looking to head to North Wales with wife 3 and 1 year old and in laws. Need some suggestions as to a location that will allow, me and wifey to ride cyb, in laws to ride gentle Sustrans type trails or very quiet roads on their ebikes and something for the kids – a pool, bounce below or something. Thanks and Merry Xmas

OwenP

Llyn peninsula? The area of Porthmadog / Criccieth might fit the bill, we did something similar last year.

There’s a holiday park (Haven?) near Criccieth with loads of stuff for kids and a beach, if that’s something you’d consider.

Otherwise I’d say the area is easy to get to the hilly areas of snowdonia from – CYB is 35 mins from Criccieth, Betws y coed etc are a bit further, but the peninsular is much flatter and full of lanes and cycle paths than central snowdonia, plus you get the coast, caernarfon, Abersoch etc which are all good family destinations.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

No direct recommendation, but the Mawddach Trail is near CyB certainly a nice ride for you all not just the oldies.

I think your kids will be too young for bounce below type thing at Blaenau Ffestiniog

From personal experience of riding a road bike in North Wales just head inland away from the touristy bits of Snowdonia and you can ride for miles on country lanes without seeing a single car!

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Ok I should have said bounce below for me 😉 thanks for recommendations – prefer to stay in hills if poss as live by a beach normally so novelty value of the hills.

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Mawddach Trail looks ideal – thanks.

beiciwr64
    Free Member

Plas Talgarth outside Machynlleth.
    CYB 30 mins
    Climax and the Dyfi Forest 15 mins
    https://resorts.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/resorts/plas-talgarth

matt_outandabout

Gwynfryn Farm, you can thank me later.

http://gwynfrynfarm.co.uk

(Cottages with pool, kiddies daily feeding of animals, rabbits to cuddle, eggs to collect, beaches nearby, Coedy is a drive, but iirc less than an hour if you get up and beat traffic)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘North Wales family holiday suggestions please…..’ is closed to new replies.