Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • North London Road loop – Green and Lumpy?
  • nedrapier

Looking for 20-25 miles, as green and pleasant as possible, with some lumpiness thrown in.

This looks OK, but I’ve not really been round those parts.

http://www.cycle-route.com/routes/North_London_Loop_via_Muswell_Hill_and_East_Barnet-Cycle-Route-3844.html

Pretty good as a starter? Or has anyone got ideas for diversions or a better route they could share?

shermer75
    Free Member

I would do an ‘up and over’ Ally Pally myself too. Well worth it for the view alone! Plus it’s hard to get a decent hill in in London (if that’s what you want

eyerideit
    Free Member

Where you setting off from? You could venture out towards Epping it’s a lot greener and there’s less traffic with benefit of real countryside.

simon_g

Extend that a little way south (beyond Crouch End or Highgate) and you’ll be going over a pretty big hill. Likewise going on the road that takes you past Alexandra Palace will give another up and down before tackling Muswell Hill.

shermer75
    Free Member

When you get to Wood Green tube (near the end of your ride) turn right instead of straight on. Right again soon after at the mini roundabout. Go up the incline (Station Road)and basically follow the train tracks to your left until you can cross them and double back on yourself (Bedford Road). Then go up the hill, love the view, admire the stunning architecture and reflect on the grand old days of Auntie Beeb before heading down for the calf burning delights of Muswell hill. Lovely!!

nedrapier

Starting from Crouch End-ish. A friends cycling from F Park to ours for the start. I might ride over the hill ad meet her at the bottom for moral support and team spirit!

I’ll have a look at Epping routes, think that will be one for a longer ride, though.

shermer75
    Free Member

There’s also a lttle known path that’s on an old railway going from Finsbury Park to Archway Rd if you fancy a biy of green! (One of London’s hidden treasures!!) 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘North London Road loop – Green and Lumpy?’ is closed to new replies.