• This topic has 9 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aP.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • North Downs – filming / photography at the yogurt pots
  • mashiehood
    Free Member

A great ride this morning very nearly ended in tears as I encountered a bunch of lads setting up tripods etc at the yogurt pots. I nearly went over their bikes which were placed on the side of a blind corner / narrow trail.

This is not a rant, merely a note that if you wish to setup equipment on a tricky downhill, spare a thought for other riders by putting up a note at the start of the trail. Thanks

aP
    Free Member

We saw them too 🙄 – although describing yoghurt pots as a “tricky downhill” is maybe pushing it a bit 😛
    On another note – is it just me or has the ditch you cross before the start of BKB suddenly lost its nice smooth base? It surprised me somewhat this morning.

mashiehood
    Free Member

Ha no not very tricky just a touch nervous after a big crash last week

aP
    Free Member

Just joshing 😉
    Confidence back now?

The last few times I’ve ridden it I’ve been on my cross bike – today was on my full-sus as its Torq12:12 next weekend and it seemed a good idea to make sure the bike and me still worked. I’d forgotten how much difference suspension and big tires makes…

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

BKB dips have definitely changed shape – I suspect you’re just not used to riding off road Andy….:-)

mashiehood
    Free Member

confidence fully restored after a ride on my own today – sometimes you just need to go out on your own to rediscover the mojo! anyway, i was more annoyed at the fact that up to the YP i was well on course for completing my loop without putting my foot down!

As for BKB, the dips have definitely changed shape. Lovely day for a ride tho, and surprisingly quiet on the trails as well.

njee20
    Free Member

Yes we commented that someone had dropped their camera, then nearly hit 2 riders stood half in the bushes on the inside of the bend. Not overly intelligent!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

A worrying trend here….
    I first noticed this while skiing this year, when I spotted people with more cameras than smiles, more concerned with the shot than the ride……..

Stop filming, keep riding. No one us watching your shaky rubbish on you tube. It’s dull.

Ride. Don’t film.

aP
    Free Member

I don’t have a problem with it, I’d just prefer not to to come round a corner to find some one lying in the trail setting their shot up. But horses for courses.

aP
    Free Member

Double bubble v

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘North Downs – filming / photography at the yogurt pots’ is closed to new replies.