Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • North Cyprus – Kyrenia
  • jerseychaz

So, I’m off to Kyrenia in September for a week with wife, Mother in Law and Sister in Law! Apparently there’s a good trail on the North coast – has anyone been there and done it or have any other useful info to pass on so I can escape Macbeth’s witches…….bike hire and other cheeky trail knowledge would be great.

parkesie
    Free Member

Done loads of riding in that area not a clue where any of it started or finished. Some great trails in the mountains above kyrenia just watch you dont stray into any military stuff. Wouldnt be taking pictures of any of it either they get a bit touchy.

skiboy
    Free Member

Not sure about the riding but it’s very nice in kyrenia. Lots to see and a late meal in the old harbour with a stroll along the sea wall can’t be beat. It’s amazing value for money and the food is top notch especially the restaurants toward the castle. I found the army kept itself to itself the soldiers around the town are impeccably behaved and I only realised they were soldiers when I realised they all had short hair and were in squad sized groups.

A stroll near the mosque is also a must there’s some rather nice restaurants tucked away up the back streets and it’s all very friendly.

ChrisA
    Free Member

We have family property up in the mountains in Kyrenia, North Cyprus is an amazing place. A bit qwerky but I love it there. In early September it’ll still be 30 deg plus weather wise, so it’ll be really hot still. I’ve not done much riding there to be honest, but the military areas are pretty well defined.

Have a look at these guys, http://www.cyprusactive.com/about_us.html they might be able to help with bike hire, routes & riding. They are friends of friends of the in laws. They are Brits and have been running it for a while so might have some good info for you & be able to help with bike hire. You could ride in the mountains for weeks though & never see anyone else!!

Kyrenia is a good place & the harbour is really nice, there’s turtle beach, bellapais abbey, St Hilarion castle & depending when you’re there, the blue house, but you need your passports & to go onto military property for that but all are great places to see & go. There are great restaurants all over & the food is really amazing. Just watch out for the crazy local drivers!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘North Cyprus – Kyrenia’ is closed to new replies.