Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Non-Contract Mobile Broadband
  • jon1973
    Free Member

anyone used one of these?

vodafone. No contract, £35 for the stick with 1GB of data, then £15 top ups – seems good for the low use, casual, away from home user like me. Any experiances?

Not sure you can do it on this one, but it would be useful to have a non-contract one I can use in Europe as well as the UK. Any suggestions?

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Does your laptop have wi-fi? If it does, for occasional use there are loads of free hotspots or get a contract with someone like BT Openzone for £5 per month. Works anywhere in Europe with roaming partners

mrmo
    Free Member

got a free 3 dongle some offer they were doing, might be worth a hunt to see if they are doing something similar. It works where i have tried it, but like any network it may not work where you are.

simon_g

Looks good for occasional, light use.

O2's offering may be worth a look too – £30 for the dongle, then £2 a day (500Mb), or £7.50 a week (1Gb), or £15 a month (3Gb). Could work out better if you tend to use it just on certain weeks. O2's includes unlimited access via BTOpenzone and thecloud too – so if you have those where you're likely to use it, you get a fast connection too at way less than the usual rates.

NZCol

Have used both the Voda and 3 ones recently.
    Watch out as some of them wipe the balance every 30 days, i.e. you top up 15 quidf for 1GB and then at the end of the month it zeroes. 3 certainly do that, Voda don't. Or an Openzone account.

StumpyBlurRider
    Free Member

virgin do a good deal

dooosuk
    Free Member

I use O2 mobile broadband as my main broadband connection at home. Granted, most of my surfing is done at work but for £30 one off fee for the dongle, and £15 a month for 30days use or 3GB (which ever is used quickest) it suits my needs. Also you get free use of certain wifi connecions out and about.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Non-Contract Mobile Broadband’ is closed to new replies.