Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Nokia Lumia 800, anyone have one?
  • Mounty_73

My blackberry is due for an upgrade, does anyone have the Nokia Lumia 800?

Reading & hearing mixed reviews on them, so not sure whether to get one or just get a new BB.

Cheers.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I’ve had one for about 5 months now. Really like it. The unit itself feels nice, it’s shape and weight are, imo, how I like my phones to feel. The Windows Phone OS is great too, very fast and fluid, very stable and it different enough from iOS and Android to make it stand out a bit.

Downsides are that the app store is a bit limited, but probably better than the BB one. Other than that….none I can think of or complain about : )

mickyfinn
    Free Member

That ^^^^^^ Says it all really 🙂
    Rather good phone

Mounty_73

I dont use apps so thats not an issue, so I guess I am more interested in its general use, texts, calls, internet and email.

Can the Lumia 800 be used with pop email accounts?

Thanks.

IA

The WP8 devices are just launching, I’d not buy a WP7.5 one now.

The 820 is the nearest WP8 replacement to the 800.

Having said that, an 800 will be cheap.

Actually, got one in a drawer if you wanted to make me an offer (though I might hold on to try out the 7.8 update).

Simons
    Free Member

Apparently Lumia 800 just after new year will be offered for less than £100. 02 were selling them for £120 on black Monday.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Had one since they launched.

Best phone I have had, way better than Android. Good quality screen and build.

One or 2 annoyances with it but on the whole very good.

Might be worth researching the differences between the OS systems of the new ones though, I think they were introducing more functionality ie tethering etc.

IA

ie tethering etc.

You can tether on a lumia 800. Update your software.

jimmy

I do like mine but there are niggles:

– Alarm clock regularly doesn’t work. Needs the Timezone changing and reverting to ‘right’ it.
    – Using it for music it occasionally freezes.
    – Zune software needed which has semi-uninstalled itself beyond normal repair on my laptop. Currently wrangling with MS support through their forum to fix that.
    – I miss my Blackberry for texting and typing. I find touch screen typing a PITA, but much better for browsing and apps.
    – I’m not ‘app-heavy’ but some stuff isn’t available for Windows and seemingly no plans to be, eg Strava – not that I use it, but as an example.

Mine was a freebie and am due for upgrade in a couple of months – debating whether to go 820 or iPhone or back to Black(berry).

nano
    Free Member

Great handset.. Body is made of same material they use for ice hockey pucks and the screen has gorilla glass. I think it’s nicer to use that blackberry, android or apple (I work with the networks so have used all of them at some point)

As mentioned above its now getting super cheap so if you like your existing tariff I would just buy one on PAYG for £120..

In response to the post above the new 820 is a great handset too but Blackberry 10 looks brilliant and is probably as initiative to use as the the win phone.. (Blackberry due at end of Jan)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Nokia Lumia 800, anyone have one?’ is closed to new replies.