Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Noir crankset owners: Stop me from parting with my money.
  • sting
    Free Member

Hi Guys,
    I'm considering purchasing a set of coloured Noir cranks for my new hardtail. Are there any issues with them i should know about before i spend my cash? Or are they as good as they look? Thanks in advance. 😯

tracknicko
    Free Member

run truv cranks for a while now. no problems to report. like all 2 piece i think they need properly fitting/bedding onto the axle to make sure there is no play. (i.e when fitting take them on/off a few times) otherwise should be tip top

Seamus
    Free Member

They look good new, but soon start to look a bit tatty. Performance wise I immediately noticed an improvement in stiffness over my previous XT Octalink cranks. BB lasted about 6 months, now replaced with a Hope BB.

Swiftacular
    Free Member

I got them only because they were heavily discounted (£180 new), and run them with a Hope SS BB. In use i cant comment on their stiffness, dont think im that attuned to tell these things (came from Hones before), but on a static test, they look to flex loads (could be the bb shell/frame and not crank arms like it looks). Compared to Shimano Rings they dont shift anywhere near as well, in my experience.

organic355
    Free Member

hmm, I was after a red/black one too, but nervous about carbon crank arms after I skidded into a rock last weekend and my right crank arm took the full force of the collision (yes I know my pedals should have been level, but he rock came out of no where in the middle of a fire road and I wasnt paying attention chatting to my buddy)

whytetrash

Organic been bashing lumps out of my FSA carbons for 2.5 yrs now still going strong…no noticable flex and I'm 14stone of pure power…so my wife says!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Noir crankset owners: Stop me from parting with my money.’ is closed to new replies.