• This topic has 18 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by ahsf.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • No trans provence next year.
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Ash taking a break, hope its not forever as its still on my bucket list.

[video]http://vimeo.com/241597868[/video]

jim25

Is that The same guy that ran Trail addiction?
    Could it be because of that shutting up shop?

John_Key
    Free Member

@Jim25 No it isn’t. That is someone else

timbud
    Free Member

Actually @John_Key Ash was part of the original trailAddiction partnership.
    He just wasn’t part of it at the end because they both fell out a few years earlier… best friend in business barley works well unfortunately. A real shame because they had something really great.

Ash will be back with something cool but I don’t think it will be in Provence… there’s a lot of people jumping on that bandwagon.
    I have no doubt that Ali will be back with something too.

jambalaya
    Free Member

France has now lost two great events in Trans Provence and Trans Savoie

Sad to hear of TP “on hold” I watch the daily videos again and again

ash

You know lots of things don’t you, timbud?!

andylaightscat
    Free Member

trail addiction the holiday people also ran trans savoie istr

bgascoyne
    Free Member

Sods law – I was going to try to and get in next year as birthday present to myself…..before I don’t have the time or spare cash to do it!

Might try BC Enduro – might be to late for that though…dam it!

timbud
    Free Member

I worked at trailAddiction for the last 4 years, so I do know a bit Ash, yes. 🙂
    Didn’t mean that you were jumping on any bandwagons by the way

ash

Yeah no worries, I don’t even know what bandwagon you’re on about.

However if you’ve got any ideas for places for a new bike race, I’m all ears.

timbud
    Free Member

Definitely a few places I’d like to check out in Europe, outside of France
    There’s still amazing opportunities in France though, but it just becomes harder every year (even when you’re fully legal)

ash

Who would / why would anyone operate a race NOT fully legally ?!!

Andy_K

Loved our holiday TP a couple of years ago, will defo be up for a new revamped version. What a week it was.

timbud
    Free Member

Didn’t mean that anyone was operating outside of the French ‘law”… only that it seems to be increasingly difficult to do so

ash

If you’re talking about race organisation Timbud then you’re wrong there, it’s pretty cut and dry in France. The rules are clear and have stayed the same since we started (2009).

ahsf
    Free Member

The guys in the south of France are still putting on great races with awesome stages on today’s Beverally enduro with Ash’s absence.
    Hopefully he will return with something new for the table in the world of Mountain bike racing/riding.

ash

Was is a bit slippery, ahsf ?

timbud
    Free Member

Nah, not the race organisation… hell even the guiding is pretty straightforward, as long as you’re fluent in French for non your French speaking customers. haha.

The rest of it is based too much in politics and depends more on who’s palm you grease than anything. Its amazing what some companies/people get away with while another gets fined and jailed because his customers take their beer glasses back to the bar for refills.

🙂

ahsf
    Free Member

Yes Ash it was a bit slippy also some muddy sections but a mud tyre on the front helped me keep upright.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘No trans provence next year.’ is closed to new replies.