Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • No more TBC night rides
  • scotroutes

It’s slowly escaping through the Twittersphere and Facebookworld, but I thought it was worth a wee mention here too. Former STW “Best LBS” and “Best Mail Order” nominee The Bike Chain in Edinburgh is in new hands with all staff moving on to new challenges. It’s a shame to lose an independent bike shop, especially one that was so highly regarded and that tried so hard to keep its customers happy but I guess it always comes down to economics.

geoffj

🙁

Good luck to Mark et al in their new ventures

cynic-al
    Free Member

I know Mark is moving through choice.

So it’s no longer an LBS?

bol

And I didn’t ever get to go there. Was on my list of things to do in Edinburgh this summer.

Good luck to all concerned. Sounded like a pretty perfect LBS.

bigjim

I think the shop is still there? Maybe not though. I know Mark is off to new pastures. Someone put it quite well to me the other day – they realised their loyalty wasn’t to the shop itself but the people in it. I certainly went from buying everything online to buying pretty much everything there.

scotroutes

I’m guessing the corporate rebranding hasn’t happened yet

Gilesey
    Free Member

Shame – they put me on my first proper bike, 2005 Orange P7. Had a few upgrades since then, but that got me hooked is and still my favourite bike to ride.

Thanks and good luck to TBC folks!

fatmax

Good luck to them, I thought they were fab. Such good service, and just a shame I didn’t have cash to buy more from them.

stanfree
    Free Member

Good luck to Mark and all Involved with ‘TBC’ as others have said sadly It comes down to money and most will buy online (myself included). The TBC summer Pentland rides were great with a decent turn out and bunch of guys.

Good Luck Mark , hope your new career is succesfull.

sas78

That’s a real shame. Great shop. Whatever you are doing Mark – all the very best with it.

alexdodd
    Free Member

I never got a chance to go on any TBC rides, and I feel like I’m totally missing out now 🙁 Thanks for recently servicing both my roadie and MTB though guys… All the best! It’s a shame i’ve just moved in over the road from you guys too, what a waste :p

martinxyz
    Free Member

When did it open its doors?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘No more TBC night rides’ is closed to new replies.