Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • No man skills – Tiny Stove Installation Help
  • franksinatra

I recently got a mini wood burning stove for my wife to use in her summer house.

Mini Wood burning stove clicky

The flue is 63.5mm (2 1/2 inch) and this is, apparently a common size for car exhaust tubing.

I just don’t know how to put in the flue. My googlefoo has failed and I now have a stove sitting there waiting to be used!

– Should I go straight up through the roof or bend it out of a side wall?
    – What tubing should I buy?
    – How do connect sections of tubing together
    – How do I stop water coming down the flue or through the wall/roof?
    – How do I stop the flue setting fire to the roof / wall that it goes through?
    – How do I bracket the flue to the wall to stop it flopping around?

I have neither the skills or tools to fabricate anything fancy, I just need to do something quickly and easily so any help very much appreciated.

Jamie
    Free Member

Get a man in?

franksinatra

What sort of man though? Seems a bot overkill to get a HETAS stove installer in!

bedmaker

Handy having it exhaust sized, that way you can fit a turbo to make it go faster.

kayak23

You want a roof flashing. A heat proof gasket suitable for the roof and size of pipe you have.

A lot of pipes slot together, male into female and attach with jubilee type clips.

No offence but if you have so many questions, it might be better to get a person in who can instruct exactly what’s needed.

Go and get all the kit from a stove supplier. They’ll usually have all the right clips and pipe supports etc.

kayak23

Should I go straight up through the roof or bend it out of a side wall?

Depends on the roof style really. You might find it easier to go straight up and through a gasket so less/no bends.

– What tubing should I buy?

For a shed, single wall the size you have would be fine. Maybe ask whoever makes the stove if they can recommend some.

– How do I connect sections of tubing together

It can vary but quite often with jubilee type clips.

– How do I stop water coming down the flue or through the wall/roof?

The gasket does this. It can be screwed to the roof and further sealed if need be.

– How do I stop the flue setting fire to the roof / wall that it goes through?

The gasket is heat proof and gives the flue clearance from the roof.

– How do I bracket the flue to the wall to stop it flopping around?

These sort of flue supports.

kayak23

How do I stop water coming down the flue or through the wall/roof?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘No man skills – Tiny Stove Installation Help’ is closed to new replies.