Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • No landline BT junction box, please
  • StirlingCrispin

Help! Our landline has stopped working.
    The fibre broadband (Sky) still works great.

I suspect the problem is a crimped cable as it leaves the box on the wall (kids pushed some furniture hard against the box).

But I can’t get the cable to release from the box (the socket end is jammed into the box and even with pliers it will not release) and also had no luck when when I opened the box to release the cable from the back side.

What can I do next?
    Do I have to phone Sky/BT and pay them to solve the problem?

The full setup, featuring my Raspberry Pi for the weather station, is here:

Cheers for any help!
    (I actually quite like not having a landline number but Mrs SC disagrees)

IA

You need something thin and non conductive (plastic packing?) to wiggle under the base of the plug to try and release the catch.

Of course if the socket itself is knackered that won’t help, but you can maybe get a new one online?you just need the front plate part.

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Buy yourself a new box an replace the damaged parts.

Lots on Amazon and elsewhere. Not expensive.

Almost certain you’re not supposed to DIY but take a few photos as you take it apart, don’t short any wires, and put it back as it is and you’ll be fine.

Cougar

Small screwdriver or a pen top from a Biro should release the latch on the BT connector. Take off the bottom plate and there should be another (“test”) socket inside. Plug into that, see if it works. If it does you need a new faceplate, if it doesn’t it’s a BT problem.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘No landline BT junction box, please’ is closed to new replies.