Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • No kittens were slaughtered during the writing of this post
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

As it is not a wheel size thread. However, perhaps we need another cute fluffy animal to cruelly dismember when discussing the latest niche we don’t really need.

”Gravel grinders”

Rides can no longer be just rides, they must be epic and legen……wait for it……dary. They are adventures, not pootles.

So, lots of sweet, sweet ‘gravel’ round your way?

TomHill
    Free Member

Alternative view: companies make bikes. Most are fun to ride. Some excel at some things, others are better at other things. Some of those things may not be relevant to you. My usual approach in this scenario is to not buy them.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I don’t see what the problem is.

Get over yourself.

bikebouy
    Free Member

#cyclocross

Jamie
    Free Member

I am totally fine with this.

Niner RLT is a gravel bike, we call them cross bikes, WGAF as long as we get lovely bikes like the RLT?

….AND LOOK! THEY ARE RIDING ON GRAVEL!!!!?!?!”@E£KRP$FO£%JGT$G

[img]http://i.imgur.com/1HyaPv0.png[/img]

slackalice
    Free Member

THey have lots of graded roads over there in that there North America. Now it seems there’s a bike for riding them.

Handy. 🙂

Houns

Gravel grind my gears

tomhoward

IanMunro
    Free Member

So, lots of sweet, sweet ‘gravel’ round your way?

Only when I’m smashing out a canal path, or beasting the Sustrans.

remoterob
    Free Member

I don’t enjoy the marketing angle, but I like some of the bikes that these niches produce. They tend to have many more uses than the original niche and are a useful way of considering other approaches to the norm.

Nipper99
    Free Member

I’ve always enjoyed pootling around the forest roads here in S.Wales i’m just cool now coz I can call it gravel grinding 8)

toxicsoks
    Free Member

jameso

If I lived in the US I’d happily ride gravel roads all day and smile a lot. County and forestry service roads over there go on forever, they’re almost empty and in beautiful countryside. Lovely places to ride. You can keep your ‘gravel’ tyred road bikes though. I’ll have something a bit fatter ta.

jameso

Like the nicest roads you’ve ever ridden, a bit like the Tour was in the 20s.

Hang on ..

Knew it’d been done before. Those damn French again.

mickmcd
    Free Member

In america where lots of roads are made of gravel and i suppose you do grind out 100miles

the uk …fat bloke on road bike trying to hold on to yesteryears glory of the off road mtb days

then goes racing sportives

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘No kittens were slaughtered during the writing of this post’ is closed to new replies.