Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Nits / headlice remedies…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Noticed the boys scratching their heads this morning on further inspection we saw the dreaded lice !

Both have long hair or did….straight to the barbour for grade 2 hair cuts ! 4 yr old loved it but the 5 yr old went ballistic loved his hair so much came home and still managed to comb out an army load !

Mrs has em I to have them… Fudging hell!! I’m gonna shave my hair this eve and the mrs is not !

Don’t want to use the medicated shampoo as its basically Paint stripper and not putting that on anyone’s head.

Anyone got any remedies ?????

Itch itch scratch scratch !

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Don’t think there is a cure apart from the shampoo is there?

euain

When ours had it, we just used Hedrin. Dose once and then a few days later. All lice gone.

If you’re avoiding chemicals, I think you might be in for a lot of combing to get rid of them.. 🙁

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

No, not shampoo. Lots of conditioner, on dry hair, then slow and laborious with fine-toothed comb.

If severe, then you’ll have to use the pharmacy stuff.

chrisdw
    Free Member

Use the dog stuff! Works great!

leffeboy

First time I went to the pharmacy they recommended some ridiculously priced metal comb over the chemicals. Having tried the chemicals and eventually buying the comb – they were right

Kbrembo
    Free Member

Yip Nitty Gritty comb is the best…

Good Luck

phatstanley
    Free Member

that nit comb is great.
    been down this road more times than i care to mention with both of ours…
    sitting them down in front of us (mebbe in front of a movie/tv show/book)and going through the hair methodically with a head torch on, is/was our preferred method. ya gotta git the unhatched eggs and when ya find ’em, pull them all the way down the length of hair. a hot mug of boiled water is also nice to dunk the live ones in. watching them slowly sink to the bottom does the soul good, i found.
    letting school/nursery know is also super important, or it just keeps doing the rounds.

good luck!

Mugboo

Can I add, as a barber that we don’t really appreciate having head lice brought into the shop as we then have to clean all our stuff to stop them being passed on, sorry & good luck 🙁

marcus7
    Free Member

hedrin and a metal comb like above… seems to work even on long hair.

Cougar

Shaving hair went out several decades ago. Are you Victorian?

There’s some lotion stuff you can get which kills them right off. Get that.

tang
    Free Member

Kids have them again(girls with long hair). Lady in the chemist said vodka with tea tree oil then soak the hair works. We also have used that comb with conditioner, works, but you have to be on it.

Harry_the_Spider

Hedrin and a comb.

Works a treat.

loddrik
    Free Member

jambalaya
    Free Member

Why did you shave their hair off ? I’ve three daughters do you think we cut their hair off when they got nits ?

Combs are great, chemical shampoos not necessary but help. I would contact the school and their friends, some parents get sensitive about doing this due to “shame”, but your kids will have got them from somewhere and of the nits aren’t eradicated from their social group you’ll just get them back. Check your own hair also.

singlecrack
    Free Member

Frontline ……?

Markie
    Free Member

Frontline ……?

Roundup.

Stoner
    Free Member

Frontline ……?
    Roundup.

Napalm?

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Mugboo – Member
    Can I add, as a barber that we don’t really appreciate having head lice brought into the shop as we then have to clean all our stuff to stop them being passed on, sorry & good luck

told the barber and he didnt mind

Why did you shave their hair off ? I’ve three daughters do you think we cut their hair off when they got nits ?

good excuse to get their long hair cut !

Shaving hair went out several decades ago. Are you Victorian?

yes I’m victorian dad !

I now have grade 1 head !

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You could get them a little ear stud each now to go with the haircuts.

Just say it’s a cultural thing.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

You could get them a little ear stud each now to go with the haircuts.

Just say it’s a cultural thing.

absolutely not ! the older one has been wearing a wooly hat the whole day !

jambalaya
    Free Member

@unfitgeezer – full makes for the repost, I would check with school they got them from somewhere and will likely have passed them on as well

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

We will let the school know for sure otherwise it’ll just go round and round

Nick

yorlin
    Free Member

Just rub petrol into their scalps… then give them a fag each!

cheshirecat
    Free Member

When our kids were lice magnets we found the best solution was the electric comb. Nice satisfying noise when it zapped the little buggers too.

stevego
    Free Member

We used to do the conditioner and nit comb twice a week till they cleared in London, the school was a constant source of infestation. Got them again for the first time in a few years so we have resorted to poison this time (for the nits, not the kids).

jag61

used that metal comb loads of times with ours plus loads of cheap conditioner every 2 -3 days usually works then somones scruffy kid gives them back and back to combing

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

2 of us are nit free or so we think

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Nits / headlice remedies…’ is closed to new replies.