Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Nitromors…
  • PJM1974
    Free Member

So, I decided to look into getting my hardtail shot blasted and powder coated, but all of the local firms quoted me in excess of £140 for the job.

“Sod it” I thought “I’ll just strip the paint myself, how hard can it be?”.

The Nitromors barely touched it, in fact all it accomplished was to turn the frame green. I spent two hours on Sunday with a drill and a wire wool disc, suffice it is to say that the results were far from satisfactory…

…so, what am I doing wrong?

jamiep
    Free Member

The new formula of nitromors is sh1te. Find another powdercoater – can be got for as low as ~£30-40

alexxx
    Free Member

Bettablast are amazing – post it to them

Nitromors like Jamie said has gone shit.

Best bet was always to coat it in the stuff and put it in a sealed bin bag and leave it for a few hours… if you’ve got some left try that if you didnt originally. But check out bettablast on facebook – epic company

spawnofyorkshire

I recently stripped a frame using nitromors varnish remover (brown tub). Look on the ingredients for dichloromethane, if the stripper has that it’ll work, new formula nitromors doesn’t have it in anymore

I then went to work using various grits of halfords wet and dry sandpaper to clean it right up before my mate powdercoated it for me

binners

PJM1974 – where are you based fella? Is this the Pure 7 frame by any chance? Mine was acid dipped and then powder coated, then gloss lacquered, by a company down the road from work for 50 quid! Got it back last week and I’m well chuffed….

You could post it to me, I could get it done, then post it back and its still coming in at nothing like what you’ve been quoted. In fact, not even half, I reckon

PJM1974
    Free Member

Hey Binners – yes it is!

Your Pure 7 looks amazing – where are you based?

binners

I’m in east lancs. I got this one done in Burnley. Do you want to mail me? Address in profile

D0NK

nice paint and decals binners!

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Binners, are you sponsored by Greggs? Fantastic!!!!!

binners

Gratuitous ‘doesn’t it look lovely’ shots 😀 Greggs custom graphics by Slik. Quality powder coating job done by ereg coatings

kenneththecurtain
    Free Member

Nitromors is gash, try Starchem SynStryp.

Don’t get it on your skin though!

PJM1974
    Free Member

Thanks once again Binners – YGM.

And that Pure 7 really is a work of art.

Keef
    Free Member

if you’re any where near Brum,Bournes do a frame and fork for £50-60. quick,good job,any colour,I’ve had a few done,and used to use them for car parts years ago.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I returned home from work last night to find a large parcel waiting for me. Sure enough, my Pure 7 frame is resplendent in Sky Blue and it looks like the powder coaters have done a fantastic job. The finish is excellent, they’ve even glossed it too.

Thanks Binners! 🙂 Awesome job sir.

I’ll start the build process today…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Nitromors…’ is closed to new replies.