Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Nintendo Wii Mini for my 6yr old daughter??
  • cjr61

Hi guys,

Thinking about picking up a Wii Mini for my 6yr old girl this Christmas. We think she’d love the ‘just dance’ games.

They seem fairly cheap to pick up but have they been discontinued?

Is it worth it or are there better alternatives? The thought is that it would be for occasional rather than regular use!

Cheers

Chris

p.s. or am i better off going for a second hand original one? What’s the reliability like?

Cougar

You’d be better off with a used original Wii. Should be able to pick up a second hand one for about two pounds fifty.

Cougar
    cjr61

Ohhh….doesn’t look that good.

Well in that case does anyone have a Wii to sell?

Thanks

oliverd1981
    Free Member

What’s the reliability like?

Theres not that much to go wrong – especially if you run your games off an external hardrive. 😉

Make sure you get rechargeable battery packs for the controllers, and that your TV has component inputs.

cheekyget
    Free Member

What I think you will find is Nintendo are phasing out the wii…in favour of the wiiU….which means soon the only games you can get for the wii will be download only

So you should be able to pick up a wii real cheap…….just dance is a great game….especially after a few bevs

martinhutch

Just get an original used one. I’d offer you our kids one except I’m not sure we have all the bits.

There won’t be any new games for it, I suspect, but there plenty of excellent ones already out there which a six-year-old will love – Mario Cart, Dancing/singing ones, Wii sports resort (worth getting the motionplus controllers if you can) Various lego ones etc. Which should be dirt cheap second hand.

Travis

would it not be worth considering something more modern.
    Future proof a bit?

Cougar

worth getting the motionplus controllers if you can

I’d say definitely get the M+ controllers; the original ones were truly crap.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I’m really enjoying mario galaxy 2 at the moment – didn’t really have much time for the wii a few years back but i reckon it’s a lot more fun than its po faced grown up alternatives.

martinhutch

would it not be worth considering something more modern.
    Future proof a bit?

My feeling is that none of the current generation of consoles does children’s gaming very well. Nobody has come up with a controller as intuitive as the original Wii. The Wii U is massively overpriced for something which probably won’t be supported with new games for more than a couple of years, while the original Wii is exactly right for the age group, is cheap as chips (£40 reconditioned with a warranty), with stacks of excellent games.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Nothing is ‘futureproof’

a useful selection proces goes like this:

Does it plug in to the shit I have? y/n

n – look elsewhere or buy different shit.

y – Can I get fun games for it? y/n

Easy!

cjr61

Thanks for all the responses. I think an original Wii is the way to go.

Martinhutch – where are the reconditioned warranty ones?

Travis

Thanks.

I was wondering the same q as the OP, but was also thinking maybe an XBOX One, (which I know is a lot more) but my son is only 6, (same as the OP) so I thin it might have been an overkill, since (as said above) there aren’t many consoles doing children’s gaming very well.

ados
    Free Member

We have one that rarely gets used, it’s a later black console and the controller has motion plus built in.

Can check the games that we have if you’re interested? (There is at least one Just Dance game I know, Wii Sports and Mariokart!)

cjr61

Ados – def might be interested. Drop me a mail with details

Thanks

Chrisj.Ross@btinternet.com

aracer
    Free Member

Are the games going to stop working at some point?

PROLINE85
    Free Member

The newer Nintendo Wii U is excellent, and there are usually good deals on at this time of year.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Nintendo Wii Mini for my 6yr old daughter??’ is closed to new replies.