• This topic has 14 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by T1000.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Nicked from oxford last night
  • gardron
    Free Member

Locked up out back under a permanent gazebo thing – no signs of forced entry, no signs of locks cut, bikes just gone. Police don’t feel the need to do anything, so if you see or hear anything, please shout.

allthepies
    Free Member

‘stards.

By permanent gazebo do you mean outside, no walls ? That’s 😯 if so.

jkomo

Keepin em peeled.

ernie67

Lug mine down into the cellar when i’m done – pain in the arris , but at least i know it’s safe ( had 2 nicked from my shed – 2nd time they weren’t bothered about the lock .. they just undid the hinges !).

ernie67

Hope you get it back by the way

frood
    Free Member

Put a search notification onto ebay for each (I’d suggest parts too). Keep trawling gumtree, notify your LBSs plaster it all over facebook and wherever else you can think. With them being unusual you’ve got a better chance than most of getting them back, especially the salsa.

And obviously good luck! Got mine back last year through the help of the above and STW 🙂

gardron
    Free Member

That’s what I’m trying – hopefully something’ll turn up. That level of anger I’ve got to now isn’t being helped by the insurance company being, well, an insurance company.
    Fully expecting them to make a return as well given what they didn’t take. CCTV will go up soon, along with more alarms. Bikes can live in the house until then.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

State the make and model of each, + “stolen” somewhere in this thread. Then a google search od Salsa xxx stolen will bring this up. Someone suspicious of being offered a dodgy bike may google it and be honest enough to contact you.
    A picture alone won’t help.

gardron
    Free Member

Good Idea. In that case…

Stolen Salsa carbon beargrease, size medium. Halo tundra rims, XT brakes, XT gears, Middleburn 170mm cranks, thomson dropper, thomson cockpit.
    Stolen Cube Ltd 29er. Arch Ex wheels, XT & deore drivetrain, Deore brakes, easton bars

brassneck

Whereabouts in Oxford? Had my 3 speed uni hack nicked from Headington years back, they hacksawed through a chain to get it, and probably cost them more in a new blade than the bike was worth.

Sorry for your loss, that Beargrease looks ace.

gardron
    Free Member

Headington actually – and yeah, I loved that beargrease. First theft I’ve been victim to, and didn’t really appreciate the grieving process you go through with it. It’s less than fun.

timidwheeler

Call your neighbourhood team and ask them to circulate those photos. Those bikes are quite distinctive and will stand out.

Leigh2612
    Free Member

Gareth,
    Drop me an email. I can put you in touch with someone.
    Leigh

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ll keep an eye open around Didcot/Wallingford area. Best of luck getting them back.

T1000
    Free Member

Are you on the uk fatbike forum? There’s a thread with a sticky to track stolen fatbike

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Nicked from oxford last night’ is closed to new replies.