Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Nice places for families to live – commuting distance to Leeds.
  • mrmoosehead
    Free Member

Otley / Wharfedale in general.

Oh, actually, no. We’re full. No room at the Inn.

🙂

br
    Free Member

Geldred Rd, what about Morley?

When we lived there (+20 y/o on what was the new estate between Morley and Churwell) you could MTB over on Rooms Lane.

Certainly better then sat in a car for an hour, and probably still cheaper than all the other ‘fancy’ alternatives 🙂

mark88

Slight hijack – how busy are trains from these areas into Leeds/Manchester at peak times?

Crag
    Free Member

craigxxl seems to have it pretty much nailed.

To his list I’d also add Tingley, West Ardsley and possibly Wrenthorpe. A junction down the motorway at J28 but you’ll be travelling the opposite direction of rush hour each day to J27.

john_drummer
    Free Member

Wrenthorpe is good, I grew up there and East Ardsley. My folks live in Tingley, that’s mostly good too. As an East Ardsleyite I’m going to say avoid West Ardsley but it’s not that bad really 😉

We lived in the Carlinghow area of Batley for a while, but I escaped to Bradford after a year so that tells you what I thought of that 😉

For all the folks suggesting getting the train in, OP’s office is about a mile or two from the railway station so not a great option. Gildersome/Drighlington/Morley are a simple hop up the A62 from the office so that’s where I’d look first, then move along the A650 and possibly A58 in either direction until you find something suitable

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Bit of a thread resurrection…..

Looked at 7 (yes, **** 7) houses on Sunday.

One of which was at Outlane and ticked a lot of boxes.

A couple of questions:

1) The biking – is it really anything like as good as HB? Where I could ride from the door and take in descents as good as the likes of Blue Pig, Chipps, Midgets Pit, Pit X, **** Yeah, etc. These are the type of trails that I love – techie and/or steep.

2) Are we going to be stuck in the middle of nowhere with bugger all to do and end up with cabin fever or is there a thriving community nearby with lots going on, restaurants, pubs, etc?

Cheers!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I don’t know much about Outlane, but how long do you think your commute will take to work and back?

woollybackpaul
    Free Member

Drove past Monday morning on the M62 and the commute was definitely do-able – took about 25 minutes (was in work for about 7.15am), expect that to be longer on the return leg as it would be peak time.

woody2000

Like FD, I don’t know outlane itself overly well but there are plenty of places nearby with good pubs & restaurants if outlane doesn’t have them. Plenty of good riding from the door, don’t worry about that side of things 🙂

The commute however…….

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Fair enough if your going early, maybe you got a fluke

To be fair the return journey on a good day would prob take 45 mins, but good days are few and far between. M62 is often closed (like this morning) or a big car park and that journey will be 1hr +

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Nice places for families to live – commuting distance to Leeds.’ is closed to new replies.