• This topic has 10 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by grum.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Nice hotel resort in north of england for me the wife and 4 year old
  • josh1982
    Free Member

Looking to book a few nights between xmas and new year. but where is good? must have pool and nice hotel with things to do in area like walks and pubs.

mtb2020
    Free Member

I don’t really know of any hotels to recommend, but Chester is a great city to visit. I’ve been there quite a few times on days out. There’s lots to see and do like walking around the old walls, and by the River Dee. It’s a city with a lot of history and the timbered Rows, where most of the shops provide sheltered shopping in winter. You’re also very close to North Wales and Shropshire for walking purposes. Shrewsbury is another nice place to visit. Again never stayed in a hotel there though. (If I usually go away I prefer to stay in converted barn or cottage to be honest)

I’d look at Trip Advisor and see what you like the sound of:

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g186233-d605047-Reviews-Crowne_Plaza_Chester-Chester_Cheshire_England.html

neninja
    Free Member

Carden Park nr the Cheshire/N. Wales border would fit that description perfectly.
    http://www.cardenpark.co.uk/

or Slaley Hall in Northumberland – plenty of walking, stuff to see and do nearby – Durham Cathedral, Killhope Mines, Newcastle, Hadrians Wall etc

project
    Free Member

Shrewsbury is better, moere relaxed and less drunks and no beggars.

Chester looks as if the romans have left, and nothing got done since,lots of empty shops,dirty streets, and smokers outside every shop or office,blowing smoke everywhere, problem with agressive drunks at night,overpriced hotels, but llandegla and north wales are just down the road as are a few off road sustrans routes.

I work in chester, and lived there for 15 years.

ton

somewhere in the lakes, keswick, ambleside or windermere
    plenty of nice hotels on the lakeside, and a nice atmosphere being in the hills when the snow is down.

gsp1984
    Free Member

Slaley Hall in the north east/ Northumbria would fit the bill.

josh1982
    Free Member

I live near slaley and work a lot in the lakes. Also i cant find nice modern hotel in the lakes which is very nice? Stayed at Low wood last jan and didnt think much to it.

I will show the mrs carden park and mention chester zoo for a day out. we were looking at mottram hall too and venturing to the peaks.

Thanks for the help!

tonyshrops
    Free Member

will second carden park stay there quite often even got married there great place and great rooms make sure you get a courtyard room

cb

Carden park has a decent play area for the nipper as well, Mottram a bit dull (I play golf there), tho not so far for trips into Manc

boxelder

VERY north of England – but the Peebles Hydro! Does out of season deals – kids free etc. Can walk into Glentress – or ride obviously.
    2 hrs from Carlisle so probably 1.5 hr extra drive over the Lakes.
    Langdale timeshares?

grum
    Free Member

Looking to book a few nights between xmas and new year. but where is good? must have pool and nice hotel with things to do in area like walks and pubs.

The Low Wood in the Lakes has a nice pool with an outdoor hot tub and sauna. Loads of walks and pubs around obviously.

http://www.elh.co.uk/hotels/lowwood/

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Nice hotel resort in north of england for me the wife and 4 year old’ is closed to new replies.