Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Nice airport to Finale Ligure Solo Transfer options/ train
  • wenanwhere
    Free Member

Hi. Looking for some cheap transfer options for going between Nice airport and Finale. I’ll be on my own and it will be arriving 8pm Saturday evening so not sure what options there might be as the trains don’t seem to run that late? Car hire is £100 which might be a decent option but a bit pricey once fuel and tolls added. I’ll have my bike bag with me.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Train is the cheapest, by a long stretch – even if you factor in staying overnight in Nice to jump on it.

We hired a car a few weeks ago. Managed to get something big enough for 2 & bike bags & other bits, it was about £80, plus tolls & fuel. It was probably £120 all in.

The car does make life a lot easier 🙂

msjhes2
    Free Member

We did it a few weeks ago. Train station is about 15 mins walk away from the airport but it is very cheap. In fact we got half the return for free as we could only buy the Italian section in Finale and no one came round on the French train.

You have to change at Ventimiglia but it was a hop of one, walk across the platform and jump straight on the next train.

ciquta
    Free Member

fly to Genoa then take the train

zbonty

It’s a Nice train ride along the coast. Genoa closer though.

andyrm
    Free Member

I’ve always done the train. Nice St Augustin (15 min walk from airport towing bike bag), €28 or thereabouts return, change at Ventimiglia. Nice journey, you’ll see lots of cool places on the way. Enjoy!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thread is back.

Is it wise to book the train?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Nice airport to Finale Ligure Solo Transfer options/ train’ is closed to new replies.