Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Newest member to the redundancy club
  • eth3er
    Free Member

I thought I’d say hello. Sugaring a turd is a subtle skill, my supervisor possess neither the skill nor the subtlety. Good try though.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bummer dude.

zaskar
    Free Member

Hey my contract runs out soon so you’re not alone.

Keep hunting.

And ride more!

jova54
    Free Member

Welcome to the club eth3er.

Don’t hang around too long and get out and ride to get something positive in your life.

neilb67
    Free Member

I joined the club on Tuesday. Company sent all the vans back to lease company and got DHL in to ship all their freight. Then a telephone call to say dont come in again…. 🙁

jova54
    Free Member

Bad news neilb67. Have you been officially informed you are redundant? Were you an employe or a contractor?

Sounds a bit like the texting stunt that the insurance(?) company pulled a couple of years ago.

neilb67
    Free Member

I guess I was a sub-contractor. I’m self-employed and worked for a mate who had the contract to distribute freight for a large engineering supply company. The vans and fuel were supplied by the main company and my mate supplied the labour ( me ). He was called into the NDC on Monday morning and was told that the vans were going back to the lease company and they had got DHL in to ship their freight. My mate then had the job of phoning the 6 of us to tell us there was no more work.

jova54
    Free Member

Tough break Neil. Sounds like you and your mate got the sh!tty end of a very sh!tty stick.

Best of luck looking for something new.

Don’t forget both of you to contact Job Centre Plus and open your claim for JSA, it ain’t much but you’re entitled to it.

neilb67
    Free Member

Thanks mate. Strange thing is they used DHL 5 years ago and got a crap service off them, thats why they got their own vans. Never had a lost or late parcel in the following 5 years. Hope DHL do them proud and screw them aswell… 🙂

Anyway its pushed me into starting something on my own involving my previous job as a motorsport engineer and biking…. Should be up and running in a month or so hopefully..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Just left the club through ‘voluntary lack of redundancy’

If anyone is in the club and is in IT – Business Intelligence, Business Process Management or Pre-sales for them I may have some leads.

Check out http://www.bigbikebash.co.uk/ the contact details are my email.

Good luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Newest member to the redundancy club’ is closed to new replies.